What do you guys think about the new Skullcandy Crushers?
Apr 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ACR69

New Head-Fier
When I first saw these headphones I thought these were a direct competitor for the Beats by Dre. But then I saw the price tag and was actually surprised about the price. Has anyone heard these yet. They have a built-in amplifier, over ear design, a sleek modern design, and are foldable. I'm just wondering how it stacks up against other headphones. I know Skullcandy has a pretty bad reputation in the audiophile world but as a consumers point of view. I would actually say these are comparable to (of course) Beats by Dre Studios, UE6000, Aviators, and the Mix Masters. For the price I might get these next but I wanna hear yor guys opinion.

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 5
I thought they were an April fools joke.
Seperate bass speaker and built in amp...I'll reserve judgement, but I'm not exactly expecting great things, even for $99.

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Meh, it's just the Skullcrushers part 2... Gimmicky, and made for kids. 
A couple of months from now you'll see a bunch of youtube videos from 12 year olds talking about the vibrating bass.

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Do you think theyre better than any of the headphones placed above?

No, Skullcandy caters to the young and dumb, and audio quality is not a priority for them. They rather make a pretty headphone than a good sounding one if it'll make them money.
Don't get me wrong I did like the Aviators and I will probably buy a Mixmaster if I can find it for under $100, but to me Skullcandy is nothing more than a kids toy company that puts dollar signs and fads over quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back