What do you guys do (JOB)??
Apr 12, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #106 of 211
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I am a Mechanical Engineer.

Originally I work for the Navy designing missiles at the Naval Weapons Center in China Lake Ca. After ten years there I went to work for Northrop as a project manager. Highlights of my time there include working on the B-2 Bomber before it came out of the black. I also worked on a system that was in the SR-71 Blackbird.

I now manage a group of software developers for Siemens.

My father works for Northrop/Grumman at their headquarters.
Goes out to Palmdale on occasion...perhaps your paths may have crossed in the past.

Apr 12, 2003 at 11:28 PM Post #107 of 211
Quote:

Originally posted by SFbayArch
My father works for Northrop/Grumman at their headquarters.
Goes out to Palmdale on occasion...perhaps your paths may have crossed in the past.

Perhaps, but there are so many people and I left them 11 years ago.

Apr 12, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #108 of 211
smily_headphones1.gif

he's been there for many years...
actually, he took my out there to the initial public flight of the B-2 -
i think that was in '88 or '89

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #109 of 211
I'm an entertainment attorney. I represent actors, writers and directors.

Apr 13, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #110 of 211
Seems that I'm the only retiree here. Retired 2 1/2 years ago, and loving every minute of being free. Was an analytical chemist, and then a manager of engineers. Listening to my K1000 as I'm writing this, and really enjoy my time on Head-Fi.

Apr 13, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #111 of 211
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
History teacher in a junior high school for 32 years............and there's 53 days to go till retirement. But, who's counting?
very_evil_smiley.gif

At least you will have something to do after retirement, I mean as a fulltime basis....(with this collection of cans, if you only plan to listen just one a day, it will take you about six months to hear the whole mess on that corner)

Apr 27, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #114 of 211
Bored and tired 3L in Law School.

<only 26 days till graduations... thank God!>

Apr 27, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #115 of 211
High school student who wishes she could be a slacker and who is clueless about what profession she would like to pursue.

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #116 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
High school student who wishes she could be a slacker and who is clueless about what profession she would like to pursue.

Don't worry about it... I'm about to finish school - hopefully forever - and I still have no clue what the heck I want to do with myself.

All I ever learn from school are the things I wouldn't want to do for a living.

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #117 of 211
I'm an Electrical Engineer on an Army Post. I work in what would be the equivalent of an Architectural/Engineering firm in the real world. I design the electrical portion of buildings, housing quarters, and offices to aid in effectively training military personnel to kill other people and break things.

It's a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back