What do you call this
Oct 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps you are not the Master of your Domain?

LOL, I'm sorry, my mind is in the gutter.

That's left handed too..
redface.gif
ph34r.gif
I would fight, if a box in the right handed stance... Trying to write with my right hand feels like my first time riding a bike.. I guess I'm confused..

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would classify you as ambidextrous. Congrats
tongue.gif

Edit: It looks like the more accurate term is Cross-dominant: Cross-dominance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess that's me then.. But the right feels more natural then then the left. even though when I reach or grab something I use my left hand subconsciously.. Guess my brain is missing wires..

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #18 of 28
Wow, I am exactly the same way. Eat and write left, but throw, bat, etc all right. Didnt think there was anyone else out there like that. Naturally left handed in some areas and naturally right handed in others. It seems that my left side does all the things that take fine detail and my right side does the things that require power. Cool, Im not alone.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 28
I am mostly right dominated and always considered myself right handed. Wierdly, I play hockey on the left side. I think my left hand is way stronger and more accurate in those motions. If I try to use righty stick, I fumble immidietly. Overall I think my left hand is bit stronger too physically.

My mother is very mixed handed, perhaps even ambidexterous. She writes with right, but she can do pretty much anything with both hands. She even swings hammer on left which looks very wierd in my eyes. Despite, or because of, this (ambidexterity I mean) mixes left and right VERY often. Its annoying to drive around with her giving instructions where to go, and when she says that "turn left" she actually meant right and vice versa. Argh!

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 28
it would appear that left handed ppl see faster(vision would be in the right hemisphere brain) but right handed ppl hear faster(audition would in the left side brain)...we all have a director eye/ear...I'm not sure whether it's better to hear faster, or see faster?

well I'm 100% leftie anyway, just like my 2 parents...and lefties die earlier too, can't get it all I guess..colorblindness is cool too, I love it
tongue.gif

the army has enrolled colorblind ppl to see camouflages normal ppl can't see, we have a completely different color decoding scheme(we have to train our brain to overcome the physiological decoding deficiencies)....too cool
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 28
Yeah, right dominant in physical activities. Kick right. Right hand boxer. Right handed bowler/Batter/pitcher basketball shooting/Hockey/Golf... But when thinking or technical, left hand. Writing, eating, driving, phone calls, opening doors, reaching for somthing, typing, when grabing headphones, but use right hand to use amp/CDPer.. Can't explain it.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I am exactly the same way. Eat and write left, but throw, bat, etc all right. Didnt think there was anyone else out there like that. Naturally left handed in some areas and naturally right handed in others. It seems that my left side does all the things that take fine detail and my right side does the things that require power. Cool, Im not alone.

Yeah.. People put you in the left category if you write lefty.. That seems to be the deciding factor. When cutting paper I use my right hand.. But can paint easily with both.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
she can also paint w/ her 2 hands, and doesn't make a big deal out of it
biggrin.gif
j/k

YouTube - Kseniya Simonova - Sand Animation / Ukraine's Got Talent)

totally mind blowing..she's got many videos on youtube, I'm out of speech.

Difference is, I paint ****ty.. Actually, there was this store in the great mall.. & a woman would do portraits of people.. I never seen such beauty & accuracy, it's like her hands were a magnifying glass gathering data from her eyes.. Truly amazing.. I would walk by her store every time I went there..

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #26 of 28
The funny thing is when I play the piano, its the opposite. My left hand is the power hand and the right hand is better at speedy passages. Go figure.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #28 of 28
I'm a bit mixed up too, then. I write/draw/play hockey/baseball left handed, but I play racquet sports (tennis, ping-pong, etc) right-handed :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back