What do I do with this Shure hockey puck thing?
Feb 14, 2005 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a pair of Shure E3s (which sound very nice, BTW) and I'm mystified by this hockey puck-shaped carrying case. Is it used exclusively to carry the headphones? Or can it be used as a .. uh.. cable-slack-reduction-device? If the latter is true, can someone please explain how to properly reduce cable slack with the help of my Shure hockey puck?

Thanks,

- Chris

Feb 14, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 13
You use it to carry the E3s around in
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 13
Most deffinitly it is not a cable organizer or cable slack reducer. Unfortunetly all it is good for is carrying the E3C around in.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Okay. So it doesn't serve double duty as a cable organizer?

- Chris

Well, I could see the possibility (e.g. wrapping slack cord into the container when you're in front of a desk) but the container is must too heavy to be left swinging around, so you'll need to be creative if you want to use it on-the-go (e.g. keeping the container on one end only, in the bag with the player).

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 13
Okay this thread is now about the E3's sleeves. Why do the ultra-soft flex sleeves (the grey ones) suck so much? I can't get ANY bass using them whatsoever. The sound produced with those sleeves is hollow and almost tinny.

If I use the clear silicone sleeves, however, the bass fills in completely and becomes much more rich.

I know different folks appreciate different folks (and earphone sleeves), but I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong with the ultra-soft sleeves. Is there any trick to inserting them? Why are they so bassless and hollow?

- Chris

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

I demand answers.

I don't have my E3s anymore, but I always found that inserting them as far as they'd go and then pulling them slightly out created a better seal with the soft flex sleeves.
Having said that, I hated the clear sleeves and couldn't get a seal for the life of me, so I'm voting 'different strokes for different folks' on this one.

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #10 of 13
well if it looks like a hockey puck... theres another use for it... emergency puck

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Okay this thread is now about the E3's sleeves. Why do the ultra-soft flex sleeves (the grey ones) suck so much? I can't get ANY bass using them whatsoever. The sound produced with those sleeves is hollow and almost tinny.

interesting... has anyone else experianced this. i have been looking at getting the ultra-soft flex sleeves for my e2c, when they come out. is bass a problem with these sleeves??

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 13
i had a bit of trouble getting bass out of the soft sleeves with my e3cs, but then i starting inserting the tips further into my ear canal, and the bass was great. i'd assume the same would be true with the e2cs.

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

I just got a pair of Shure E3s (which sound very nice, BTW) and I'm mystified by this hockey puck-shaped carrying case. Is it used exclusively to carry the headphones? Or can it be used as a .. uh.. cable-slack-reduction-device? If the latter is true, can someone please explain how to properly reduce cable slack with the help of my Shure hockey puck?

Thanks,

- Chris

well heres what you do:
1) call all your friends
2) grab your skates and a stick
3) find an empty parking lot
4) spend the after noon playing hocky with your friends, not alot tops that
tongue.gif

or.. you could carry around your shures in it but that wouldnt be as much fun
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back