What did Santa bring you this year (audio and non-audio stuff)?
Dec 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 22
Kindle.  I got it as an early present.  Then, it went "KAPUT!"  Turns out, the amazon leather case that attaches to the interior of the Kindle via "hooks" may have been the culprit - frequent reboots and finally, a permanently frozen screen.

I ordered a new one today, and should get it 12/28.  Needless to say, I am looking for another protective case.

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 22
I also got a Kindle. David Jones took a look at the case issue and thinks it must be something other than the hooks. I don't have a case but I'll probably buy the official one and take my chances.

Edit: The current theory seems to be that ESD is building up to such a high level that it zaps through the paint on the hooks and into the terminals inside the device. If that's the case removing the paint on the hooks should solve the issue.

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 22
I got a Kindle too. Seems to be the gift of the year.

I also got a Metz 48 Flash for Pentax and the first 111 Years of Deutsche Grammophon 55 CD Box set.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 22
My girlfriend knows I collect odd RPG things, and lately, we've been playing HeroQuest with friends, so she got me an expansion pack (severely out of print) and stained a treasure chest for me to keep it all in.  Pretty freakin' cool.

And I also got a replacement battery for my 5.5gen iPod.  Man, that was a pain to get back together....

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
I also got a Kindle. David Jones took a look at the case issue and thinks it must be something other than the hooks. I don't have a case but I'll probably buy the official one and take my chances.

Edit: The current theory seems to be that ESD is building up to such a high level that it zaps through the paint on the hooks and into the terminals inside the device. If that's the case removing the paint on the hooks should solve the issue.

I have a Kindle with the hooks case. I've not experienced lock-ups, but rather a very short battery life. A firmware update seems to have fixed that problem. 

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 22
I bought myself an Etymotic Research EtyBlu2 Bluetooth headset and I will buy myself an Intel X-25M 160.00 GB Solid State Drive before the end of this year. There will be a whole slew of other goodies that I will buy next year.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
Another year of soul-crushing loneliness

Cheers. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 22
I got some cash and a $50 best buy gift card that doesnt work -______-

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #15 of 22
santa left a brand new 5.5 gen ipod 
biggrin.gif

and a nice set of CDs to listen to...

Users who are viewing this thread