What defines a Headfier?
Sep 25, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKatz
So, is she a Headfier?

What are the basic criteria that separate Homo sapiens Headphoneus from normal folk?

Andy

Easy... the desire to talk endlessly about headphones, amps, sources, etc. Actually owning or listening to any of this stuff is optional.

biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #33 of 39
Anyone with a user ID and valid password is a welcome headfi-er.
Anyone who prefers to Bose cans is NOT a headfier, and should have their headfi membership canelled... PERIOD!!

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think head-fier even encapsulates lurkers who read here alot but don't even post lol.

But for extreme Headfier status, the pic must involve a K1000, like Tyll's pic - and UBER headfier status is wearing on the street, like NeilPeart!
IMG_1134.JPG

My wife (non headfi-er) saw this pic today and asked whos that guy?

I told her Leaav is one of the San Jose guys... wearing $900 headphones and a bunch of other stuff... He was imitating Zoolander in those pics, hitting on all the cute girls in the shopping district.

Her reply:

"He's kind of cute... why would someone that good looking behave like that in public?"

LOL!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry... Had to share that!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett

Sep 25, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
You know you're a head-fier when you ask for recommendations for everyday objects (knives, toasters, etc) in the same way you would ask about audio.
biggrin.gif

LOL!!!!

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I just can't believe he's carrying around that rediculous system in his hands ahahahaha

You must have missed the video... That rated up there with the top 5 funniest things I've ever seen.
biggrin.gif
Go NeilPert!

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:42 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
My wife (non headfi-er) saw this pic today and asked whos that guy?

I told her Leaav is one of the San Jose guys... wearing $900 headphones and a bunch of other stuff... He was imitating Zoolander in those pics, hitting on all the cute girls in the shopping district.

Her reply:

"He's kind of cute... why would someone that good looking behave like that in public?"

LOL!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry... Had to share that!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett

Tell her that he's just goofy like that...
biggrin.gif
He and I got into a brief sparring match at the big SoCal meet a couple years ago...
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #39 of 39
one of the most emorable things that comes to mind when yoiu ask this is an ad (was it for an ISP?) that was posted a while back ( I belive it was in the members lounge) it was a picture of a woman sitting on a couch with a pair of HD650's on. IIRC all the comments were focused on how she had the headphones on backwards. (in this case we came to the conclusion that they mirrored the picture)

my personal take on it is that the name "head-fi'er" is derived from the forum name head-fi so anyone who has an account on the forum is a head-fi'er regardless, whether it be a passing person who make one thread about "what headphone for xxxxx?" or someone like pinky, edwood, jude, ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back