What defines a Headfier?
Sep 24, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I looked up "head-fier" in the dictionary and found this:

That person does not look anything like me. Is he also a Head-Fier?
eek.gif
wink.gif
600smile.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #17 of 39
Music loving gadget freak with a character disorder. That's just me of course, I know I'm unique.
Thank goodness the SO doesn't know about this forum. I've already lied about returning the PX 100's (just couldn't do it) and if she finds out about the Westone UM2's.........
eek.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 39
a head-fier is someone who can't be considered legally insane just yet . . .

Sep 24, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
I cannot see any other criteria.

ediT: someone else got there before me, I was going to say "insanity" but that's already been covered.... hmmmmm

Sep 24, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Dude, you know you're a head-fi'er when you're looking at the unusual head-amp at the bottom of the pict, instead of the hawaiian shirted, head headphone geek.
icon10.gif

Best,

-Jason

That's the point.
Or when you watch tv and look at the amps, headphones, etc.... and know the manufacturers.!!!!!!
For example in '24' I saw some Triport. And in Lara Croft: Tom Raider she put on a vinyl in a ClearAudio Master Reference turntable...
confused.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by lal316l
I suppose a Head-fier would have to fit the general criteria of caring about sound and a regular to the forums of Head-fi (be it lurker or regular poster). Your wife deems that comfort is the most important thing in a pair of headphones and has shown to be oblivious to how it sounds. Also she seems to have purchased the Zen solely based on the fact that it comes in different colors (fashion accessory?). She is in no way a head-fier based on those observations. A closeted head-fier perhaps?
wink.gif

Right. See, she *says* she doesn't care about sound, but if she swapped her ER 6s for el crapos, wouldn't she say what's wrong with my earphones?

Andy

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 39
A "Headfier" is one that has a username on Headfi and has made >=1 post on that username.

Nothing else.

There are plenty of people who don't care/know about sound quality at all, and they still evaluate every purchase they make. They're called "good consumers".

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 39
I agree with Aman. However, perhaps head-fier will become an ubiquitous term for a headphone audiophile/person interested in headphones whether the said person is a part of head-fi or not.

It appears that some apply this term in such a fashion.

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
A "Headfier" is one that has a username on Headfi and has made >=1 post on that username.

Nothing else.

'Twas.

Andy

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #27 of 39
With any other officially protected/registered title, you will have to adhere and/or fulfil certain requirements.

Fortunately, we at Head-Fi, do not keep our selves much busy with that kind of club-mentality. Here, everyone is welcome to; ask any question - make any statement - and express any personal views on headphone equipment, as long as it is not violating the Terms of Use of Head-Fi.org. Amen
wink.gif
600smile.gif

EDIT: My poor English...

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #29 of 39
I think head-fier even encapsulates lurkers who read here alot but don't even post lol.

But for extreme Headfier status, the pic must involve a K1000, like Tyll's pic - and UBER headfier status is wearing on the street, like NeilPeart!
IMG_1134.JPG

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think head-fier even encapsulates lurkers who read here alot but don't even post lol.

But for extreme Headfier status, the pic must involve a K1000, like Tyll's pic - and UBER headfier status is wearing on the street, like NeilPeart!
IMG_1134.JPG

I just can't believe he's carrying around that rediculous system in his hands ahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back