What color iPod do you like?
Jun 3, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 32
white shows dirt easier
black looks sleek
I like black
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 32
My nano is black, my iriver is black, my dslr is black, my new Ibanez guitar is black, my truck is black, I wear black levis.... Hmmm, too bad Johnny Cash already claimed the "Man In Black" title
blink.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #21 of 32
White looks better

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #23 of 32
Jun 3, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #24 of 32
I'd love to do that for my 4G iPod Photo but fear crippling Vinnie's iMod inadvertently. (By that, I mean swapping the face plate for a new one, not changing the color, since mine only ever came in white.)

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can change the color. and that this like new!
tongue.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-iPOD-Video...QQcmdZViewItem

Actually, I take back my previous comment. The solution for 4G Photo iMod owners is to buy the U2 iPod Photo faceplate and click wheel, making one the owner of a like-new black and red iMod.

As for the effect of installing the faceplate post-iMod, I'm emailing Vinnie now as to whether it could cause any damage.

(I wanted to send my 60GB Photo to Colorware, but they no longer paint models earlier than the 5G.)

=================================

For people who own/want a 5.5G in other colors:

The other option is to buy a refurb Colorware'd iPod from Target/Amazon. The only worthy choices I found were Ferrari/Black and Mystique/Lilac, but both were as cheap as regular refurbs after coupons.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 32
I like the invisible ones....

wink.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #30 of 32
Swift update: Vinnie reports that changing plates post-iMod is not recommended, as it would involve "desoldering a few connections." Better the user operate (if at all) before the iMod's performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back