What cans are in the movie "Snow Cake" ?
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zoomin

Head-Fier
This is really quite a good movie, though I don't think it got wide distribution.

At one point Alan Rickman's character is wearing these huge chrome cans and I have no idea what brand / model they are.

Anyone here know?

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Jan 10, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Those have been sold under half a dozen names, including 'luxus' and 'futura' to name a couple that you could search for here.

There are two subtly different styles - the earcups are tapered on one, straight on the other. they look almost the same.

I can virtually guarantee you that they sound like a fart in a cardboard box.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can virtually guarantee you that they sound like a fart in a cardboard box.

LOL!

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 9
Well it's true . . . pretty much all the big closed cans of that era just had one or more paper cone drivers in them. The manufacturers never paid any attention to damping or the volume of air in the cup or cavity resonances.

So they pretty much all sound terrible.

If you were really really ambitious, you could potentially retrofit DT770 drivers & baffles in them, and tweak the cavity until it sounds vaguely like a DT770. But i don't think it's worth it for a fashion accessory.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 9
All i know is broken social scene were involved in the score, which gives the movie +5 straight away....

i have it on DVD somewhere, but never bothered to watch it. I guess I should.

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 9
I'll have to look it up. I like some post rock stuff but i couldn't figure out how i was supposed to enjoy broken social scene.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #9 of 9
I just bought a pair for $50, in clean condition. Will try them but they probably will end up hanging from the wall next to my Utopia and Elite, just for aesthetic purposes 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back