What Canalphone has the least wind noise while bicycling?
Jun 24, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
The er-6i should be arriving to my door anytime now. I have been enjoying the er-6 and er4p/s as well. I would get the E4 if it wasn't so expensive specially when I read that they are a tad bit better than the er-6i. I paid $85 for my er-6i. I would have to play close to $180 for the E4. The er-6 and er-6i have very thin wires. I love it because the microphonics on the cable are so low from contact and from wind.

Most have called the E4c as being the best univeral fit canalphone all around, or one of the best.

Jun 24, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
Most have called the E4c as being the best univeral fit canalphone all around, or one of the best.

That's not true

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 25
As requested by the original poster, I will refrain from advising any safety concerns.

In regards to wind noise, using a Band-Aid (or similar adhesive based medical tape) to cover the ear and driver/ radio significantly reduces wind noise and also allows the driver/radio to stay in the ear. I should also note that with in-ear style earphones, the microphonics are substantially increased and I do not recommend the usage such earphones.

Best,
iDesign (Cat 1/Pro cyclist)

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt San
I've tried ER-4s, E4Cs, E2Cs, EX71s, HJE50s, ER-6s, and ER-6Is, and I have to say the ER-6/ER-6is (not with foamies) have the least wind noise. They go so far into my ear that there isn't even any wind noise at all. I recommend ER-6is with shure e3c/e4c/e5c ultra-soft flex sleeves, personally.

Really?

I can't say I've tried any other canal phones, but I can notice wind noise while wearing my er6i's even while walking home normally on days that are a little windy.

Jun 25, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dominator
Really?

I can't say I've tried any other canal phones, but I can notice wind noise while wearing my er6i's even while walking home normally on days that are a little windy.

Well, I think I can insert the tri-flanges farther into my ear than most people. They don't even stick out. However, with Shure ultra-soft flex sleeves, they pretty much go all the way in, for everything.
With foamies the wind noise is crazy loud.

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #23 of 25
As stated in the other threads, especially by Doug, it can be extremely dangerous if you have a "great" seal against the wind - you just won't hear vehicles and life around you! Right now I'm using EX-81s with a smaller ear bud to allow for the ambient noise. Good luck and keep riding!

Jun 27, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #24 of 25
Thanks for the replies! I was out for the weekend so I could not answer questions. I am aware of the downfalls and benefits of using IEM for riding. I have decided to go with custom IEM. I am not sure what kind though..... wish me luck.

Jun 27, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63
Thanks for the replies! I was out for the weekend so I could not answer questions. I am aware of the downfalls and benefits of using IEM for riding. I have decided to go with custom IEM. I am not sure what kind though..... wish me luck.

Good luck!

I was gonna recommend the ER6's too. I've used them and the Shure E3c's and the E4c's and I've gotta say the ER6's isolate the best. I vaccuum cleaned the whole house while my flatmates were locked out. They banged on the door, rung the phone etc but missed it all 'cause the ER6's isolate so well (I was useing the tri-tiped clear ends).

ZT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back