What book are you reading right now?
Nov 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2,627 of 5,346

Great book about the history of the Bach cello Suites, nice read, bought it after listening to Anner Bylsma's Bach Suites 2nd(last) recording by Sony, which are the best I heard so far, great retoric insights (long breath)

The instrument, a Stradivarius "Servais" (1701) Bylsma uses for the recording is absolutely gorgous!

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #2,628 of 5,346
OUR DIVIDED POLITICAL HEART

by E.J. Dionne

[size=small]"A fast-paced, historically rigorous explanation of how inaccurate readings of our nation’s formation and development reinforce our imbalanced, factually impoverished public debate. Dionne bolsters the intellectual, constitutional and moral foundations on which this stronger, more just America can be rebuilt." [/size][size=small]—The Nation-[/size]

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2,630 of 5,346
Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,632 of 5,346
Nov 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2,633 of 5,346
Quote:
Agreed, but still an excellent insight and life story.
biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Where did Scotty go? 
blink.gif

I totally agree with your'e statement.  I knew a lot of his life story already, but the details in the book really fleshed out his personality. I was blown away by his ability to focus on form and design.  His inability to manage his own ego led to his demise.  The final 1/3rd of the book focused so much on his lifestyle choices (ex.vegan diet) and and his inability to cure his Pancreatic cancer that I grew a little bored after awhile. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #2,634 of 5,346
I couldn't put it down. I have owned apple gear since the Apple II. The last conversation between Jobs and Gates had me in tears....Death of an era in Tech for sure.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #2,635 of 5,346
Quote:
Where did Scotty go? 
blink.gif

McIntosh Scotty was for  Occluding Obobskivich October (OOO), or more simply Obobtober!
The current one is for Noobvember part of the Themed Monthly Avatar Shenanigans
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I couldn't put it down. I have owned apple gear since the Apple II. The last conversation between Jobs and Gates had me in tears....Death of an era in Tech for sure.

I will be interesting to see where Apple goes now that one of the most prolific visionaries in history is gone.
iWoz was a great read as well for the Wozniak side of things...

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,637 of 5,346
Quote:
McIntosh Scotty was for  Occluding Obobskivich October (OOO), or more simply Obobtober!
The current one is for Noobvember part of the Themed Monthly Avatar Shenanigans
biggrin.gif

I will be interesting to see where Apple goes now that one of the most prolific visionaries in history is gone.
iWoz was a great read as well for the Wozniak side of things...

I was going to replace The Fillmore with a local avatar so now I have more incentive to do that.
I'm typing this out on a MBAir.  I prefer the Apple computer in general compared to the Windows 7 based Dell I deal with at my office.
Jobs was the Edison of our time.  You can already see the lack of innovation at Apple since his death.  He will be badly missed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back