What book are you reading right now?
Nov 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #1,682 of 5,345

Finished my re-read of "Gathering Storm", so just started ToM. I'm giddy with excitement in anticipation of Moiraine!!!

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #1,685 of 5,345
I just finished Towers of Midnight. And I realized, now that the end is coming, I don't want it to end. Oh well. I just started re-reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I read it over every 10 or so books I finish. It's amazing. First ever book I felt the need to get a signed first edition at any cost.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #1,688 of 5,345
I just finished Towers of Midnight, also.

Wow. Just wow.

I absolutely loved it! Moiraine!!! I missed her so much. Rand was awesome. Mat's my favorite as usual. Now, Perrin is finally likeable again.

I read it really quickly over three days, and now I feel like I need to go back and read it more slowly...

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #1,690 of 5,345

... needed something trivial and relaxing ...
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #1,693 of 5,345

Quote:
Rand was awesome. Mat's my favorite as usual. Now, Perrin is finally likeable again.

I liked Mat as well. I can't blame him really, but Sanderson still doesn't have a grip on Mat as Jordan wrote him. It got way better in this book than the last one. He seemed too blustery in the last book and did things that took me away from it and made me say, "He wouldn't ever do that." But it's difficult to do as he is and he's made no pretenses on pretending to be Jordan, so I forgive him. I guess I'll have to re-read the series again if I want more.

Check out Way of Kings as well. The world in that book is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back