What book are you reading right now?
Sep 4, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #211 of 5,348
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only trouble with all of that is the manuscripts we have have literally hundreds of differences between copies. Nobody knows what the real original text was. Too bad they didn't have the printing press. We only have copies of copies of copies...
blink.gif

The genius of the code discovered by Panin is that it enables a researcher to restore the ORIGINAL text mathematically - various bad translations, language changes, and bad editing notwithstanding. I could say much more, but this borders on the religious, so I keep within the subject, the text. I can say this much, Panin produced, over the course of fifty years, a Numerical Bible, which was mathematically consistent and coherent. No other text in human history, except of course math texts, is. If I recall it correctly, his Numerical Bible [including notes] ran to some 20,000 pages - or was that just the NT?

Laz

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #212 of 5,348
I tend to start lots of books and not finish them. Here's two recent things that held onto me 'til the end: one fiction, the other non-.

Yellowcake - Ann Cummins

The Wonga Coup - Adam Roberts

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #215 of 5,348
Dune the Butlerian Jihad - Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson. Still a sci-fi geek after all these years....
cool.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #217 of 5,348
I'm currently reading "When Genius Failed" by Roger Lowenstein for a class. It's probably one of the better required books I've had to read, definitely a must for any business geek.

As far as personal reading, I'm still working my way through "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis, "Revolutions in World Missions" by K.P. Yohannan, and the other day I grabbed off the shelf "1984" by, of course, George Orwell, for another reading. Classes have cut my time dramatically, but luckily, I can still find time to get through a few pages before bed
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #224 of 5,348
currently I read this
51GEHFX8EEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

and a ton of papers and journal I have to finish reading them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back