What better for movie open or close headphones
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Open is great for soundstage, but i dont get much immersion with my HD800S. Fostex th900 though is best movies/gaming headphones period.
Many many Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent for that. Had T1 and Dt990 and both were excellent for that.
Personally i would choose closed back with good soundstage like Dt1770pro or Fostex th900 for higher budget.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 11
Probably closed for action and romance, open for suspense. Semi open for thriller and crime. I'm sure somebody will disagree :D

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 11
Open is great for soundstage, but i dont get much immersion with my HD800S. Fostex th900 though is best movies/gaming headphones period.
Many many Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent for that. Had T1 and Dt990 and both were excellent for that.
Personally i would choose closed back with good soundstage like Dt1770pro or Fostex th900 for higher budget.
Have you tried the AKG K872’s ? One good thing about them as they are so sensitive and great straight out of a laptop with very good soundstage for a closed back and very good detail as well. Do game a lot but for sure my favorites.

Aug 17, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Great choice

So close much better for movies ...

What the cheap alternatives for th900 this headphone under 200

Aug 17, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 11
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home and Wireless. Open and closed back. Although I use the Home a lot because of the cinematic audio.

Aug 18, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #10 of 11
I personally use an Audeze iSine 10 as it gives me best of both worlds.

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #11 of 11
I would recommend you to choose close headsets especially for multimedia like music, movies etc. The Logitech G430 is quite possibly the most loved one so far in terms of affordability and quality, the ear-cups are pretty large and there’s a lot of padding. I am personally using this headset for conference calls and business meetings too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back