what bag/case do you use for your portable rig
Aug 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fzman

Headphoneus Supremus
i did some searches, but seemed to only turn up cases (as in shells) for specific DAPs. i am interested in getting a small bag to carry my gigabeat, amp3, and various cables, iems, etc. what are you folks using, and how are they working out for you? what i want is something like a camera bag, which allows for the camera along with accessories, lenses, etc. but not too big, ie not a backpack or a messenger bag in and of itself....

thanks for looking.

Mark

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 12
I ended up going with the Cowon case for my S9 since most of the compact camera cases were just too loose (depth-wise) and would have had my S9 bouncing back and forth in my bookbag/messenger bag.

I guess if you have a thinner DAP/PMP you could cut out a piece of foam and use that to pad the case so your DAP/PMP fits snugly. Something else I considered have been the cases for portable HDDs. They've be big enough to fit a amp, DAP/PMP, phones, and maybe even a foam divider so the phones/amp doesn't crush into your DAP/PMP's screen.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 12
Works for me: £10.76 Tour Van by Eastpak on eastpak.com
There's quite a few other possibilities on that site. Eastpak is good gear and a reasonable price IME.
smile.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 12
My digital camera bit the dust, and I've been using the Ambico brand bag I had for it. I can fit my Zune and my cmoy in the part where the camera is supposed to go, and I can fit my interconnect, IEMs, and a spare 9V battery in other compartments. If I get creative enough, I can fit my Zune charger and sync cable in it too. Good use out of something that I wouldnt've used otherwise.

When I'm not using that, it's velcro and wrapping IEMs around the Zune (in a DLO action jacket I've modded, er, hacked up) and amp.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 12
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #8 of 12
I found a Case Logic™ Universal MP3 Travel Case in a specials bin for a buck locally.
It replaced an old Tamrac accessories pouch but I think I'm still looking for the perfect case.

This one holds my 120GB Classic/ALO Cotton Dock/RSA SR71/UETriple-Fi 10 with some cables and an FM transmitter for the rental car.
It all fits but only just and the result is a wee bit lumpy.

It is however the best solution I've found so far for my needs.

Aug 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 12
I saw a review of the ue11pro. In this review the reviewer made soms picuteres and on one of these picuteres he had a case where he could put his player and phones in. Are these cases sold apart, if they are where can I buy one?

Aug 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 12
HeadRoom mini bag works great. V. good belt clip.

I also use the HeadRoom micro bag as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back