What audio racks do you guys recommend?
Jun 23, 2003 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Bob

100+ Head-Fier
I am curious to hear about what you guys stack your equipment on? Do most people just set their stuff on the floor/desk and forget about it? Please let me know what y'all use because I am in the market for an audio rack for an upcoming headphone system.

Thanks!
Bob

Jun 23, 2003 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 32
I use a Salamander Archtype 5.0 and 2.0 stacked. Comes in at about 5 feet with 7 shelves. Easy to assemble, looks nice, easy to adjust the shelves. The downside is that the shelves are only 18" deep.

headfi22.jpg

Jun 23, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 32
Thanks for the suggestion and pic JMT! I have heard good things about this rack. If you don't mind me asking, did you by chance pick yours up at Audio Advisor?

Thanks!

Jun 23, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 32
i bougth a bell o used at audiogon a few weeks ago - cost me around less than $200 shipped and i think this one retails at $400-$450 new.

it has 5 shelves that are adjustable.the model number is 880

fbeefad8.jpg

Jun 23, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 32
...... They have a DIY stand,called the Flexy I think, that is quite cheap and should be fun to do. It may be similar to the one JMT has, but with three legs.

D

Jun 23, 2003 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion and pic JMT! I have heard good things about this rack. If you don't mind me asking, did you by chance pick yours up at Audio Advisor?

Yes

Jun 23, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by dudlew
...... They have a DIY stand,called the Flexy I think, that is quite cheap and should be fun to do. It may be similar to the one JMT has, but with three legs.

D

i made an audio/video flexi - it is fun to do .
jhere is a piture and it is at the back of everthing -it has not been painted yet though.
fbdc6bb3.jpg

Jun 23, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by screwdriver
i made an audio/video flexi - it is fun to do .
jhere is a piture and it is at the back of everthing -it has not been painted yet though.
fbdc6bb3.jpg

Hey, there's my CD3000's!
280smile.gif

I'm also in the market for a rack/shelving unit. I was going to go by ikea and see if they had anything that would work until I get a whole entertainment system. I didn't want sink a whole lot of money into it, but figured I should keep my equipment more organized.

Jun 24, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by dudlew

D

I'm in the process of a flexi now... don't know if I can recomend it as being "cheap"

The sound damnpening pain alone is gonna run me a hundred bucks to use the coats dynaudio recommends... Your probably not gonna like the medium density fiber board so you'll go with something nicer which will cost... then stain, poly, nuts bolts, threaded steal bars, spikes, etc... I'm about $150 into this project so far with another 100 to go for completion.

it's looking nice so far, but I don't know about cheap.

Fred

Jun 24, 2003 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 32
I'll take this chance to pimp my home-made rack. It was quite cheap: I'm guessing I spent about $20 at home depot. I think it looks quite nice! I use rubber washers in between each level for extra dampening, and rubber feet.

front1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back