What artist(s) do you have all their albums?
Feb 14, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #166 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
Godspeed You Black Emperor!

Itay: does your GYBE! collection include All Lights *****ed On the Hairy Amp Drooling?

I'd love to get a copy of that

No , Forgot about it , didn't see it on amazon , and i knew that they weren't an old band so i assumed that they had all their albums ...my mistake a i guess.
if there were only 100 tapes it's gonna be vey hard getting them.
An Excellent Group ...

Feb 14, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #167 of 239
itay: haha AFAIK there were only ever 33 tapes and were distributed exclusively among the Godspeed members.

I definitely think we're over due a new Godspeed album-their main representative Efrim Menuck has promised to record one of their unreleased songs Albanian (or was it Gamelan? can't remember), so theres still hope that we'll see some fresh material.

In the meantime there is some live material on the 'net...
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #168 of 239
This is a WHOLE lot easier to do as a rock fan when you only need 3, 4 or even 15 albums. Once I got into jazz I was screwed. I have well over 80 Miles Davis cds and I'm still pretty far from being complete. I think the only jazz guy that I have their complete albums is Jason Moran.

There are also alot of artists that Ive HAD the complete discography at one time or another. Im not really anal about it anymore, so subpar albums like Coda and Pablo Honey are no longer in my collection.

I think some of you may also be in error. I mean, it is VERY difficult to get the complete Jimi Hendrix, or even Bob Dylan for that matter.

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #169 of 239
threads merged.

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #170 of 239
I just realized that I didn't put any bands down that were too easy to collect - like When in Rome. C'mon, they only had one album, hehe! Or Yaz. Hello, two albums and some greatest hits? I busted out a list that it takes a completist to finish up if they REALLY love the band. And no, I don't mean singles - some bands, you'll NEVER find them all, especially the imports! I mean just the albums and EPs. I think I would cry if I actually tried to collect all the New Order singles and promos in existence - IMPOSSIBLE! Just Round and Round alone has over 25 different versions out there worldwide!

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #172 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I just realized that I didn't put any bands down that were too easy to collect - like When in Rome. C'mon, they only had one album, hehe! Or Yaz. Hello, two albums and some greatest hits? I busted out a list that it takes a completist to finish up if they REALLY love the band. And no, I don't mean singles - some bands, you'll NEVER find them all, especially the imports! I mean just the albums and EPs. I think I would cry if I actually tried to collect all the New Order singles and promos in existence - IMPOSSIBLE! Just Round and Round alone has over 25 different versions out there worldwide!

Yeah, in that case I have all the When in Rome and all the Yaz :)

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #173 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg

Garbage (all three): Garbage, Version 2.0, Beautiful Garbage

Garbage actually has a fourth, "Bleed Like Me", which I skipped.

Feb 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #174 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
Ayumi Hamasaki
Ai Otsuka
Kotoko

Heh, I guess I'm not the only one collecting JPop...

hang on...

hikki.jpg

But where the collection gets impressive is that I own every SPEED CD ever made. Every single, every solo album, every concert CD... even the rare JPop Night with Pink Lady covers!

Best,

-Jason

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #175 of 239
Fats Waller
Ray Price
Hank Williams
Bob Wills & his Texas Playboys
The Carter Family
Cab Calloway
Don Redman
Dinah Washington
Lots and lots of artists... Thanks to the Bear Family and the Complete Chronological series.

See ya
Steve

Feb 15, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #176 of 239
Hardly any: I don't systemically hunt out everything by anyone in particular; and because I buy used, I don't usually have the latest stuff by anyone.

There are probably only a few artists/groups that I have complete:
Loreena McKennitt (but still missed out the extra-rare 10-track San Fran Live)
Connie Dover
AfroCelt Sound System
Susheela Ramen (only two albums)

The "almost complete" list:
The Chieftains (sans "Live" under Shanachie, "The Grey Fox" and "Tailor of Glucestor")
Himekami (sans last two albums before he died
frown.gif
)
Jon Mark (complete collection of his "ambient" stuff; not terribly interested in his early history)
Enya (can't see myself buying any more from her unless she evolves)
Bill Douglas (sans recent stuff)
Lila Downs (sans first album)

...and so on
Altan (sans first and latest album)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back