What are your rockbox setting???????
Aug 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #16 of 42

Quote:
i have a fuze v2 rockbox (yes you can rockbox v2 now, its safe)
My setting is good for bass lovers with good SQ, pretty perfect for me ;D
You guys can try it out if you like and can give me a review :p
Volume: -17 dB
Bass: 13 dB
Treble: 10 dB
Balance: 0%
Channel Config: Stereo
Stero Width: 250%
Crossfeed: On
Direct Gain: -3.5 dB
Cross Gain: -6.5 dB
High-Freq Atten: -16.5 dB
High-freq Cutoff: 700 Hz
EQ: Default
Dithering: Yes
Timestretch: No
Compressor: Threshold: -6 dB
Makeup Gain: Auto
Ratio: 10:1
Knee: Soft Knee
Release Time: 500 ms

What about yours?

Your 250% stereo width will have no effect at all unless you have the channel configuration set to custom.

I suspect you wouldn't really like 250% stereo width - it totally drowns out the vocals and sounds really artificial.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #17 of 42
All I have set on the Rockbox EQ of my Sansa Fuze V2 is on LS - 7.5db, 120Hz and 0.7Q on the graphical EQ. The only other setting I have adjusted is Stereo Width at 250. Everything else is left as it is. With that setting I have my Sansa Fuze V2 sounding just as good as my Cowon J3 and Sony X1060.

Personally I love setting the Stereo Width setting to 250% as it makes the music sounds more glossy and gives more depth and life.

Art

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 42
+1 xxmastaxx, I also find that I change all the settings when I have access to a rockbox player... EQ is there to be used to the fullest. There is no redeeming value in leaving options unused.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #19 of 42

Quote:
+1 xxmastaxx, I also find that I change all the settings when I have access to a rockbox player... EQ is there to be used to the fullest. There is no redeeming value in leaving options unused.

The key to using the options available in rockbox is to get the right sound, isn't it? So depending on the gear you use, you might not need all the options.
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #20 of 42
I can understand stereo width at 120% perhaps with the channel config set to custom, but 250%?

I could use the Rockbox sound settings to make my Clip+ sound like listening to a cheap Chinese player through Skullcandys if I wanted.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #21 of 42

Quote:
I can understand stereo width at 120% perhaps with the channel config set to custom, but 250%?

I could use the Rockbox sound settings to make my Clip+ sound like listening to a cheap Chinese player through Skullcandys if I wanted.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #22 of 42
Liking Rockbox more and more on my Fuze v2.

Using my Rain & M9 phones, I use: bass 0 or +1, treble +5 or 6, stereo width 130%  (above 175% it starts sounding too spacey for me!).  Not even sure I have any Replay Gain info with any songs, but I have it turned on in case.

With the RE0, I was having to gut up into xxmastaxx territory with bass: +10 or 12 just to give it the fullness I like -- so the RE0 is on it's way to a new home.

Haven't even tried my MS1i with RB yet!

BTW, I downloaded the "fuzerock" While Playing Screen and really like it -- tons of info and still readable.

Wish I could get album art showing, but apparently the album art is not embedded in the songs??  Not sure.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #23 of 42

Congratulations with the RockBox, hope its working wonders with you.
Quote:

Using my Rain & M9 phones, I use: bass 0 or +1, treble +5 or 6, stereo width 130%  (above 175% it starts sounding too spacey for me!).  Not even sure I have any Replay Gain info with any songs, but I have it turned on in case.

With the RE0, I was having to gut up into xxmastaxx territory with bass: +10 or 12 just to give it the fullness I like -- so the RE0 is on it's way to a new home.

BTW, I downloaded the "fuzerock" While Playing Screen and really like it -- tons of info and still readable.

Wish I could get album art showing, but apparently the album art is not embedded in the songs??  Not sure.

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #24 of 42

Quote:

If you take the time to experiment with the EQ, you'll never waste your time with the bass and treble controls again.It's worth the effort.

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #25 of 42

I cannot understand all the hate for the Stereo Width function. if anything I think it improves the music and makes the music more three dimensional with a slight reverb gloss effects on vocals.

Art

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #26 of 42
I'm not hating it but 250%, really? That's like 3D at the max on a Samsung; it does indeed sound spacey with hardly any vocals.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #27 of 42
That's weird because I have the stereo width setting set to 250% and I feel it makes the vocals sound more life like as if listening in a live concert plus that setting gives the music extra depth. Of course, everyone has their own EQ and sound preferences when listening to music.

Art

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #28 of 42
Try it with decent iems.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #29 of 42

Quote:
I'm not hating it but 250%, really? That's like 3D at the max on a Samsung; it does indeed sound spacey with hardly any vocals.

I have not played around with the stereo width in Rockbox yet, but I did not like the 3D on my Samsung, made everything sound unnatural to me. Then again, I tried the default setting of crossfeed, since so many people rave about it, and I didn't like that either.....made my reference albums sound different than they are supposed to.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #30 of 42

Try it with decent iems.

No need as I already own decent iems.

I am very happy with the iems I already own and there is no need in buying new phones when i am happy with the SQ especially the stereo width through my sennheiser CX300II :p

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back