What are you reading?
Jul 16, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #61 of 73
Almost done with Comm Check: The Final Flight of Shuttle Columbia. Very good book with lots of insight into what went wrong, the investigation, NASA culture, etc. If you're into the space program, check it out.

Aditya

Jul 16, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #62 of 73
Well, in a day and a half I just wrapped up the last "chapter" of the Agent Pendergast stories by Dougles Preston & Lincoln Child. Book of the Dead was an excellent read, and well worth checking out. It was a quick story, well written and wrapped up the loose ends from the last two novels, Brimstone & Dance of Death.

Jul 16, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #63 of 73
Finish reading the last Harry Dresden book last week called "Proven Guilty." Now I am working on "Triumph of the Lamb" by Johnson.

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #64 of 73
I just finished reading Raymond Feist's Magician (both parts) in 2 days--it was quite good, although his jumping time periods throughout the story became irksome after a bit.

Oh and I must say, although the world of Midkemia was well realised, I felt nothing for any of the characters.

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #65 of 73
Just finished Jeffery Deaver's "The Bone Collector", outstanding read! Currently devouring Wilbur Smith's excellent "The Triumph of the Sun".

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #67 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
Finish reading the last Harry Dresden book last week called "Proven Guilty." Now I am working on "Triumph of the Lamb" by Johnson.

I'm looking forward to picking up Proven Guilty. Unfortunately for me school work has been picking up so I've had no time to do any leisure reading. After finals I plan to read Proven Guilty and the latest Harry Potter book. (Yes, I said Harry Potter
biggrin.gif
). I also have Shadow of the Giant laying around somewhere.

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #68 of 73
i can't get through this stupid "lord of chaos" book. i think i'm getting Wheel of Time Fatigue!

Jul 17, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i can't get through this stupid "lord of chaos" book. i think i'm getting Wheel of Time Fatigue!

Haha... Lord of Chaos is one of the boring books in the series. I just flipped to the back and skipped it. Now on "Crown of Swords".

My Wheel of Time re-reading is on hiatus while I enjoy some Keith Laumer. More particularly, "Imperium" and "Old Soldiers". Bolos (Sentient AI tanks from "Old Soldiers" and has its own series) are awesome, I want one in my backyard - or not, since it wouldn't fit and weighs in excess of 10,000 tons.

Jul 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #72 of 73
The Risk Pool - Richard Russo

Just finished:
Nobody's Fool - Richard Russo (enjoyed character development and dialogue)

guilty pleasures, beach novels:
Skinny Dip - Carl Haaisen (always find him an entertaining read)
Eleven on Top - Janet Evanovich (Any HeadFier's from the Burg?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back