What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #47,117 of 136,288
album.GIF

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #47,122 of 136,288
YES. Finally. Wow.
Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow. Wow.
Kirstie in BLUE. Omg.

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #47,125 of 136,288

Hmmm,
biggrin.gif
 I think I'll add Talking Heads to the playlist tonight... "Found A Job."

I seen this at an outdoor cinema last year - was brilliant. One of the best live performances from any band i think. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #47,128 of 136,288
The Very Best of Jackson Browne

2004 / Electra, Rhino/Wea

2CD set

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #47,129 of 136,288
And now for something completely different...

Wildlife by La Dispute

La Dispute is a very controversial band among the current metal and hardcore communities. Detractors often lump them in with pop-screamo acts like Sleeping With Sirens, even though their sound is decidedly different. Unlike the acts they're often compared to, La Dispute isn't overproduced, overlayered crap. It's based on a bare-bones rock format, with their vocalist poetically speaking on the topics of depression and a fascination with death. Starting from a conversational volume and rising to shouts over a number of minutes, each song is raw and emotional, a drastic contrast to other bands in this genre. There's no messing around with stupid synth harmonies or autotune, and each song tells an in-depth story.

I don't often listen to music this heavy, but I've absolutely fallen in love with this band over the course of the last two years. Highlights from the album include "King Park" and "St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church Blues". Even if you think it's not your genre at all, it's still worth a listen.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #47,130 of 136,288

Quote:
Ah, the 80's... Lol

I don't know; I really like Abacab even though there are some horns in it (No Reply At All), and I also really like Duke and Genesis (Mama rocks!).

I was really stunned when i heard a horn section in there but i got over it eventually or maybe i should say got use to the new sound.This is all good stuff i got to agree as a matter of fact i bought Phil Collins FACE VALUE in 24/96 a month ago very good album love the drums..Genesis and Supertramp in the 70's and the Beatles in the 60's got to be my all time best bands and they were very popular in my neck of the woods The Beatles well no need to introduce them i guess they were popular anywhere, more popular than Jesus... omg what ive i done no need to burn your precious Beatles memorabilia kids just kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back