Apr 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #41,251 of 136,221

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #41,252 of 136,221
Quote:

yes!!! 

beerchug.gif

Still on the 70's heavy metal kick. First up tonight:

Followed by:

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #41,253 of 136,221
Listened to Whole Lotta Love,loved it! How did you get the album? I can't find it on Chesky Records?

"Bring It on Home" with CC. Coletti,recorded last May inside a church in Brooklyn with Chesky Records.
CC. Coletti's album, Bring It On Home, combines her powerful, warm voice with the well respected guitarist/producer Anthony Krizan.
The album brings a new and modern play on songs like Led Zeppelin's 'Rock and Roll,' Howlin' Wolf's 'Killing Floor,' among others.
CC. Coletti breathes life into this collection of rock covers, paying homage to her idol Janis Joplin with her immense voice.

With a background like CC. Coletti's, known for her duets and background vocals with Meat Loaf, it is no surprise that she is able to blow these covers out of the water.

Available on iTunes,Amazon,CD Universe,allmusic et al...new release,2013.
I'm right into what Carolyn Coletti has done with these Led Zep songs,she nailed it.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #41,255 of 136,221
Quote:
Quote:

24/96 AIFF via hdtracks....

I'm a big Van Halen fan.  Sonically how much better are these than the CD's (which I already own) or vinyl.  I read they were straight from the Master recordings.

I am through the first 2 albums at 24/96... So far they are the best recordings I have heard. Granted my chain is the best I have ever had as well. Loving the purchase!

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #41,258 of 136,221

Pinback   Sediment

Burial   NYC

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #41,260 of 136,221

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #41,261 of 136,221

Sixteen Horsepower - Low Estate (1997)

I guess I like this record because I still haven't figured it out. It seems like the subject matter is relationship problems mixed with religious thoughts. It's like "girlfriend problems" mixed with heaven and hell or something. I can't make heads or tails of it, but it's some kind of dark vision involving religion and dating or something like that. It's weird and hard to understand, but that's probably why it hasn't bored me and what makes me listen to it again. It's got an evil dark sound, and it's just weird and rockin' and disturbing. I can't figure it out...

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #41,262 of 136,221
Quote:
Edit:  

Just finished listening to this on my 803 Diamonds. I bought this disc solely because it contains my favorite song of all time, The Endless Love, but there are a lot of other good tunes on the album even though I'm not usually a fan of various artists compilations (or compilations in general). Hearing the song for the first time through my speakers was a near-spiritual experience. Sadly I have other things to do today, because otherwise I would have definitely left the song on repeat for, I dunno, forever.

I love "The Endless Love", it is such a great tune. I can only imagine the experience listening to it on such a caliber set of speakers.

EDIT: Been listening to these two songs nonstop!

SOSOSO is such a great artist. I can't believe I haven't heard of his music before. Its so catchy, love it!

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #41,265 of 136,221
[size=small]My Flame Burns Blue ( live )[/size]

[size=small] Elvis Costello / Jazz Orchestra, Metropole Orkest / LSO[/size]
[size=small](2006)[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back