Jun 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #53,116 of 136,247
Hey Now,

Little Village S/T . . . . Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe, Jim Keltner

Sample

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #53,124 of 136,247

The DØ : Both Ways Open Jaws  & Both Ways Open Jaws extended (Live Sessions)

http://vimeo.com/36598995 for a video
L3000.gif
. Very Good Recording. Highly recommanded !

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #53,125 of 136,247
Christoph Graupner'Jauchzet ihr Himmel, erfreue dich Erde', GWV 1105/53'Sie eifern um Gott', GWV 1106/46'Gott sei uns gnädig', GWV 1109/41
Amaryllis Dieltiens, soprano
Elisabeth Scholl, soprano
Lothar Blum, tenor
Reinoud Van Mechelen, tenor
Stefan Geyer, bass
Ex Tempore & Mannheim Hofkapelle/Florian Heyerick

Charles KoechlinLe course de printemps, Op. 95
Radio-Sinfonieorchester Stuttgart des SWR/Heinz Holliger

J. S. Bach'Dem Gerechten muss das Licht immer wieder aufgehen', BWV195
Hana Blažíková, soprano
Damien Guillon, counter-tenor
Christoph Genz, tenor
Peter Kooij, bass
Bach Collegium Japan/Masaaki Suzuki

Charles KoechlinPaysages et marine, Op. 63b
Ensemble Contraste & Ensemble Initium

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #53,127 of 136,247

"Familiars" - The Antlers

Isn't that a great record? Very powerful. Got the latest from Brian Jonestown Massacre on now ...

Hi Davy,
     "Familiars is a very good record. I can't stop listening to it. It is definitely my favorite so far this year. Nice to see that you're still Around!

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #53,129 of 136,247
  Hi Davy,
     "Familiars is a very good record. I can't stop listening to it. It is definitely my favorite so far this year. Nice to see that you're still Around!

Yea, it's kinda surprising the new direction they take with each new record. Really a fun band to follow along with. They put out an EP a couple years ago called Undersea, and it was really different from the previous Burst Apart, which was also much different from the great debut that I still liked best at the time. The EP was more of a psychedelic trip-hop type sound, more synths and ambient washes, second song goes on for 8 1/2 minutes and never seems too long, actually I loved it, still do, only 4 songs, but wow! So I thought that's where they were going on this new one, but not really at all, it was just a tease...kinda. This new one does have a more epic sound than the previous ones, so they did incorporate some of those elements, and it is very adventurous, and the horns are such a perfect touch, can't imagine the songs without that part, not sure who their audience is anymore, seems to be very mature music... and I love it.

Dream Syndicate on now, good followup to the similar Brian Jonestown Massacre ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back