What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 18, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #52,352 of 136,257

The London Steve Reich Ensemble - Reich: Different Trains

Rockin' with Reich and enjoying a cup of oolong tea (first of many).

May 18, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #52,354 of 136,257

Jessica Lea Mayfield - Make My Head Sing... (2014)

Kinda like Nirvana with female vocals... One of my favorite new records.

May 18, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #52,355 of 136,257
  Outstanding!

I've always been a casual fan of tea despite not being that into hot beverages, but I only recently discovered the world of loose leaf tea and holy s*** it is the bomb. I would categorize it as "yet another expensive hobby" if it wasn't so darn cheap to boot. Anyone who enjoys tea but has not tried tea made from loose leaves is missing out big time! Just buy a filter for your cup and some leaves and you're set.

May 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #52,356 of 136,257
  I've always been a casual fan of tea despite not being that into hot beverages, but I only recently discovered the world of loose leaf tea and holy s*** it is the bomb. I would categorize it as "yet another expensive hobby" if it wasn't so darn cheap to boot. Anyone who enjoys tea but has not tried tea made from loose leaves is missing out big time! Just buy a filter for your cup and some leaves and you're set.

I, too, love myself a good cup of tea in the winter, though I would rather go for iced tea in the summer. I especially love Oolong Tea, and Jasmine tea smells so good that I'd use it for an air freshener if I could. 

May 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #52,357 of 136,257
I typically enjoy Jasmine Dragon Pearls or Dragonwelll green teas with one of my Gaiwans (tea bowl), no filters needed. 
biggrin.gif
 My fav Black Pearl Gaiwan's design is from the Ming Dynasty period.

200x200px-ZC-66c78c1a_BlackPearlGaiwan-MingDynasty1368-1644-Copy.jpeg

May 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #52,360 of 136,257
...could you guys please enlighten me ignorant about whose album this is...?

So-as a new comer to electronic music that has a preference for the weird, ambient side of things vs straight up party EDM, but appreciates both aspects in doses-here are my pick ups last year that I think are all really solid:

61Xp3foos5L.jpg

7142sDeB3YL._SL1400_.jpg

This was my first purchase and probably the one I'd say is the "best in class"

41H8uIUIG6L.jpg

This is the most ethereal-beautiful. I gave Nepenthe to my 75 year old mother for Christmas who likes New Age-Enya, etc. There's definitely a cross over into that genre. It's a gorgeous listen with layered wordless vocals. Really something else. And, I'm an old school rock and metal guy. Go figure!

51lAv8rz44L._SX300_.jpg

Great combination of the more party/techno sounds with "chill" ambience-but it's really good! As solid as anything else on my shortlist

6192kZG66FL._SL1316_.jpg

Yeah-OK-is this really a rock album dressed up in different clothes. Maybe. But, Trent and I are the same age and I loved Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral approximately 100 years ago. But, I think it's a really good album and sounds great. I used it auditioning some new speakers recently and sounds great on a good sound system for sure.

51NYa8W4q4L.jpg

Gorgeous album-kind of electronic folk. Maybe not even electronic exactly-almost reminds me of the soft sounds of groups like Donovan with a modern sound. Lovely album.

41TIPCX4-fL.jpg

My biggest surprise. Read they were the greatest thing since the Beatles. At first I did not like this album. But-grew to really enjoy the weird creative nature of this album. Now-in it's entirety-I think it's genius.

41mhgrJRmIL.jpg

Darkside-Psychic-Pink Floyd meets electronic-what's not to love. This is awesomeness for me. Love the blues leads. I enjoy the combination of "real playing" with electronic influences.

71sUgRzsInL._SL1203_.jpg

I really went of the ranch for this one. My wife listened to it and said, "Mark, this is not the kind of music you listen to". And, it's not-teen age girls-synth pop?! But, I do like female vocals and enjoy the almost bubble gum sweetness of this album.

Not-electronic-but I'm looking forward to the new Swans---Swans, Neurosis and ambient black metal kind of opened my eyes to new sounds such as those on this list.

May 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #52,361 of 136,257

41TIPCX4-fL.jpg

My biggest surprise. Read they were the greatest thing since the Beatles. At first I did not like this album. But-grew to really enjoy the weird creative nature of this album. Now-in it's entirety-I think it's genius.

This is one of my Favorite electronic albums. I think it does not get enough mention on headfi for how great it really is. Where did you read that they were the greatest thing since the Beatles? Thats an interesting take considering they sound nothing like and have nothing in common with the Beatles.  

May 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #52,365 of 136,257
J. S. Bach'Gott ist unsre Zuversicht' BWV 197
Hana Blažíková, soprano
Damien Guillon, counter-tenor
Gerd Türk, tenor
Peter Kooij, bass
Bach Collegium Japan/Masaaki Suzuki

George EnescuSonata for Cello and Piano in C major, Op. 26 no. 2
Valentin Radutiu, cello
Per Rundberg, piano

Joseph HaydnKeyboard Sonata No. 44 in F major
Ronald Brautigam, fortepiano