Feb 5, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #1,877 of 18,476
Breakfast At Tiffany's

116507.jpg

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #1,878 of 18,476
Grateful Dead - Cold Rain and Snow

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #1,879 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great song! Selected..85-92 is a great album.

Been meaning to ask: what's the new avatar? What did you do for the big game? Sorry for the Q&A, but I'm going to be joining the throbbing head brothers tomorrow if you know what I mean.

dpippel: I know you're screwed to the wall of some crazy bar, being that you're an internet jukebox, but what did you do for the game? Does the creator of Head-Fi's greatest threads even recognize such things? (See, I'm just a questioning fool).

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #1,881 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the new avatar?

It's a painting by Ed Ruscha, another one of my favorite artists. The subject is water which spells Steel atop uh steel; a little play on my user name if you want to connect the dots.

Quote:

What did you do for the big game?

I began at a party, but eveyone was indulging which made it difficult to watch the game. So I came home during the half to enjoy the last football game of the 06 season without distraction. You?

Quote:

joining the throbbing head brothers tomorrow

IIRC the Monday after the Super Bowl is one of the biggest "call in" days of the year.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

dpippel: I know you're screwed to the wall of some crazy bar

I've developed quite a relationship with dpippel. In fact, I consider him the father I never had if my father didn't actually exist or my mentor or my first art history professor or my older brother.

Anyway, to draw the knowing eye of dpippel it is best to refer to him as "Legend", "The Great See'er", or "Mountain Biker Genius of the Universe". Also watch out for his riddles. They're tricky!

--

FriendOpportunity.jpg

Cast Off Crown - Deerhoof

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #1,882 of 18,476
Quote:

It's a painting by Ed Ruscha, another one of my favorite artists. The subject is water which spells Steel atop uh steel; a little play on my user name if you want to connect the dots.

I shouldn't be connecting dots right now. It's too dangerous.

Quote:

I began at a party, but eveyone was indulging which made it difficult to watch the game. So I came home during the half to enjoy the last football game of the 06 season without distraction. You?

I was at a party too, luckily the game was the focus.

Quote:

I've developed quite a relationship with dpippel. In fact, I consider him the father I never had if my father didn't actually exist or my mentor or my first art history professor or my older brother.

Anyway, to draw the knowing eye of dpippel it is best to refer to him as "Legend", "The Great See'er", or "Mountain Biker Genius of the Universe". Also watch out for his riddles. They're tricky!

I still fear asking Legend questions. He may get angered, similar to the Great and Powerful Oz. I don't want that. Really, I still don't know if I want to hear from him at all - would be like seeing Victoria's Secret's models in the nude - all the mystique gone, but I'm willing to chance it.

12. Badly Drawn Boy - [The Hour Of Bewilderbeast #01] The Shining

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #1,885 of 18,476
Quote:

Let us know how it goes. Him and Mr. Webb are tough nuts to crack.

Ok, I'm sure they're easier than Victoria's Secret's models.

Shriekback - Nemesis

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #1,887 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I'm sure they're easier than Victoria's Secret's models.

I feel so marginalized.
rs1smile.gif

You may be shocked to find out that I wasn't nailed to the wall of some smoky, smelly, out of the way sports bar yesterday watching the game on a grimy old corner TV and doing shots with a guy who looked suspiciously like Tom Waits. Instead I holed-up in the home theater and watched "The Descent" while my wife and 11 year old stepson whooped and stomped their way through the first half of the Bowl. I'm not a fan of televised team sports. Never have been. Maybe it's all the golf tourneys my Dad forced me to watch as a kid. But hey, I don't like golf either.
cool.gif

By the way, the girls all say "howdy".

Number 8 Mix (Brian Eno + David Byrne / My Life in the Bush of Ghosts [2006 Remaster])

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #1,888 of 18,476
Pink Noise - Pink Noise

Burning in my brand new dt770/80 Pros. Yay!
600smile.gif
They're at about 25 hours so far. Already I can perceive tighter attack and decay in the bass area, and much better highs. I don't hear the mids coming out of their shell yet, though.

Out of my crappy computer speakers:
Dom & Roland - Live on Kiss 100 (5/30/2004)

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #1,890 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel so marginalized.
rs1smile.gif

You may be shocked to find out that I wasn't nailed to the wall of some smoky, smelly, out of the way sports bar yesterday watching the game on a grimy old corner TV and doing shots with a guy who looked suspiciously like Tom Waits. Instead I holed-up in the home theater and watched "The Descent" while my wife and 11 year old stepson whooped and stomped their way through the first half of the Bowl. I'm not a fan of televised team sports. Never have been. Maybe it's all the golf tourneys my Dad forced me to watch as a kid. But hey, I don't like golf either.
cool.gif

By the way, the girls all say "howdy".

So you are a human. I'll deal with it somehow. Have you passed on the ways of the Legend to your stepson yet or is he too young still. You and Mr. Webb must understand these threads have become bigger than either of you and it's your responsibilities to see they continue.

I'm with you on golf: the only sport you can hit a ball and have it fly exactly perpendicular to your swing?

Television - Marquee Moon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back