What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#6]
Feb 25, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #2,975 of 18,476
"Tell Me How You Like It" - Byther Smith

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #2,979 of 18,476
Arbouretum -- Rites of Uncovering. Wierd mixture of influences -- Bonnie Prince Billy, Neil Young, the Dead (not making this up). Sort of an indie-rock jam band, if that isn't too much of a brain-fry. With some noise/freakout stuff thrown in. God Bless eMusic; their stuff is so inexpensive that I have the courage to download and try albums like this. At $0.33/track, there just isn't much of a downside...

They also just got a Califone album, Deceleration One, from a couple of years ago. Mostly instrumental, highly atmospheric, all sorts of effed up electronics and studio wierdness going on throughout. Heard that earlier. Definately less organized than Roots and Crowns, Califone's last album, but a really entrancing listen, especially after dark, alone in the apt...

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #2,983 of 18,476
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arbouretum -- Rites of Uncovering. Wierd mixture of influences -- Bonnie Prince Billy, Neil Young, the Dead (not making this up). Sort of an indie-rock jam band, if that isn't too much of a brain-fry. With some noise/freakout stuff thrown in. God Bless eMusic; their stuff is so inexpensive that I have the courage to download and try albums like this. At $0.33/track, there just isn't much of a downside...

They also just got a Califone album, Deceleration One, from a couple of years ago. Mostly instrumental, highly atmospheric, all sorts of effed up electronics and studio wierdness going on throughout. Heard that earlier. Definately less organized than Roots and Crowns, Califone's last album, but a really entrancing listen, especially after dark, alone in the apt...

I love "Root and Crowns" and "Deceleration One." Your description of Arbouretum sounds very interesting. I like most of the mixture of influences that you site. I also enjoy some studio wierdness here and there...I may give that one a try...
icon10.gif

"A River Could Be Loved" - Brightblack Morning Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back