What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Oct 29, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #6,828 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"3Legged Animals" - Califone

Hey, nice song. That whole second half of the album is pretty special. Course, the first half is pretty alright too. Did you ever listen to the mp3 of that song when it was called "Dreamless" on that movie soundtrack I posted about a few months ago ... http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...27#post2225127 ... surprised me when I first heard the new CD because it was so familiar sounding, until I realized it was the same song, just slightly different tempo, some added instruments and a couple lyrics changed. But really close
smily_headphones1.gif

Listening to a $2 special that I got in the mail yesterday, a CD someone over on the SH site was real big on. The guy's name is Stephen Yerkey and the CD is "metaneonatureboy". Pretty cool, though not quite the kind of music that gets me excited in a big way. Quality stuff, for sure, kind of a bluesy country sound, if a bit too "witty" for my personal taste, at least right now.

Oct 29, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #6,830 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Hey, nice song. That whole second half of the album is pretty special. Course, the first half is pretty alright too. Did you ever listen to the mp3 of that song when it was called "Dreamless" on that movie soundtrack I posted about a few months ago ... http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...27#post2225127 ... surprised me when I first heard the new CD because it was so familiar sounding, until I realized it was the same song, just slightly different tempo, some added instruments and a couple lyrics changed. But really close
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I keep coming back to [Roots & Crowns]. Definitely worth the wait. I'm so bummed because they are going to be so close to me on November 11th and I CAN"T GO! I believe that I will dedicate that day to Califone and listen to nobody else for twenty-four hours! The interview with Tim Rutili over at Pitchfork was very enlightening. I believe they mention the previous life of "3Legged Animals."

"Brite Nitegown" - Donald Fagan

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #6,836 of 9,280
Infected Mushroom - Im the Supervisor
blink.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #6,837 of 9,280
h23696t7dwi.jpg

Bibio Above the Rooftops

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #6,840 of 9,280
h94303q2htv.jpg

Squarepusher Rotate Electrolye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back