What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Jul 15, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #3,571 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"when leon spinx moved into town (vpro radio. Amsterdam)" - Califone

[Davey, Awesome...]

Yeah, it is a nice one. Been playing it a lot myself. In fact, "kissing cousin wikkan (9.02 - Cicero, il)" playing right now. That "Leon Spinx" track is kind of bass heavy, eh? But I do love all the stuff from Quicksand/Cradlesnakes, and it does sound good, but right now can't beat that version of "There's a Star Above the Manger Tonight" followed by "Stained and Lit", both recorded in Chicago. Just switched it over. Bet it was a blast to watch all that pickin'. Love that you really have to crank it up too. Wish more artists and producers and engineers and label idiots knew what natural music sounds like
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #3,573 of 9,280
Canadian Brass - Vivaldi - 4 Seasons Suite, III on my A900s.

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #3,580 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Yeah, it is a nice one. Been playing it a lot myself. In fact, "kissing cousin wikkan (9.02 - Cicero, il)" playing right now. That "Leon Spinx" track is kind of bass heavy, eh? But I do love all the stuff from Quicksand/Cradlesnakes, and it does sound good, but right now can't beat that version of "There's a Star Above the Manger Tonight" followed by "Stained and Lit", both recorded in Chicago. Just switched it over. Bet it was a blast to watch all that pickin'. Love that you really have to crank it up too. Wish more artists and producers and engineers and label idiots knew what natural music sounds like
smily_headphones1.gif

There is a lot of bass in there...yeah, when I was listening to, I believe it was "kissing cousin wikkan," I thought, Davey's going to like this because of the unusually natural, uncompressed sound quality. I'm REALLY liking this disc. There are so many good tracks. Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't even know it existed. It's not on the Perishable site or anything. I just ordered a used copy of califone&oRSo's "homesleep." I think that my Califone, Red Red Meat collection is nearly complete. Can't wait for that new one... [PS I just discovered recently that Modest Mouses' "Everywhere And His Nasty Parlour Tricks" is practically a Califone disc...or, actually, maybe closer to an Ugly Casanova disc. I saw the new reviews at your place, and I think that I might be interested in Appleseed Cast
biggrin.gif
]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back