What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#5]
Sep 1, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #5,447 of 9,280
"My favorite things" - Esteban

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #5,452 of 9,280
Atlantic Gold (3CD Compilation). It covers Atlantic artists from the 50's through to the 70's (and that is a LOT of amazing artists). I just picked it up today, and it is fantastic.

I'd had my eye on it for a while, and I can say as well as being fantastic it was also a complete bargain- AU$20!
blink.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #5,453 of 9,280
Ratatat - Seventeen Years

Kickass.

Sep 1, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #5,455 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
Got any new or old stuff you think I should hear???

Viro, Don't know if I can help much....Man, I'm anxious for the next six or seven weeks. Got the new Sparklehorse, new Califone, new Yo La Tengo, and "Return To Cookie Mountain" on the wish list ready to go into the shopping cart. If you get onto anything new let me know...

Yeah, some good stuff on the horizon. That first TV On The Radio record was a good one. Also, really looking forward to the new Wayne Robbins & the Hellsayers which is supposedly coming soon, and Nina Nastasia, love her. Steve Albini does such nice job on the recording too. Probably the best I've heard recently is the new Josh Ritter with Brian Deck producing. Nice combo. One of the years best.

But the one I'm listening to right now is always a big rec if you haven't heard it. One of my favorites from any time period, any genre ... http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46647 ... and just spied a used copy at amazon for $2.99
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #5,457 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Good Morning Spider, Sol Seppy

Sol Seppy sounds good! Indeed, you and Davey introduced me to TBHP - a band I really dig, so I think I'll try that Sparklehouse too. Thanks!

I see you didn't buy "Silent Shout" did you check out some samples and decided against it? The album is a little off putting at first, but a real grower. Of course it might be a little too dancy for your tastes. However the content IS sufficiently dark!

"Return to Cookie Mountain" is a must IMO. I really can't describe it any better than the reviews have, but the trip is rewarding, and of course, you know Bowie is involved. Trend hopper like his mate Warhol has been all over the indie scene as of late, performing with The Arcade Fire and such.

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #5,459 of 9,280
Strange cd but its calls me into it for some reason
cool.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #5,460 of 9,280
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
Sol Seppy sounds good! Indeed, you and Davey introduced me to TBHP - a band I really dig, so I think I'll try that Sparklehouse too. Thanks!

I see you didn't buy "Silent Shout" did you check out some samples and decided against it? The album is a little off putting at first, but a real grower. Of course it might be a little too dancy for your tastes. However the content IS sufficiently dark!

"Return to Cookie Mountain" is a must IMO. I really can't describe it any better than the reviews have, but the trip is rewarding, and of course, you know Bowie is involved. Trend hopper like his mate Warhol has been all over the indie scene as of late, performing with The Arcade Fire and such.

Viro,
Your observational skills and memory of previous posts are simply amazing! "Silent Shout" didn't make the cut for the last shipment. I did check out samples and it is a bit techno-dancy for my tastes but, as you say, it is sufficiently dark and I intend to get it on that basis. "Return To Cookie Mountain" and Davey's recommendation, "Sahara Blue" will be on the way soon. Definitely let me know what you think of Sol Seppy and Sparklehorse...
cool.gif

"Here To Learn" - Clearlake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back