What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#4]
Feb 9, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #2,402 of 4,090
Karma's Semantic Spaces via Rhapsody in a Starbucks--pumped (badly) via an IBM laptop into my Ety's. For some reason, this kind of electronic thumping helps me concentrate, at least until I need a break to check new posts...

Feb 10, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #2,405 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"(Red)" - Califone

Hey, Quicksand/Cradlesnakes. Did I ever tell you that I really like those guys?

icon10.gif

I'm gonna be listening to some Arto Lindsay pretty soon. Noon Chill is in the player and so I'll just hit play when I get home and continue from wherever it was this morning when I left. One of my most oft listened to albums of the last 5 years or so. Seems I'm almost always in the mood. He can get a little skronky at times, but it's always in the service of the song. Mostly just very interesting and at the same time entertaining modern bossa nova and tropicalia music, mixed with some tasty electronics and some great musicians. Kind of laidback for the most part, but that's probably why I like it so much.

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #2,406 of 4,090
@>~>~~ Don't Wanna Be The One on the Place Without A Postcard album by: Midnight Oil ~~<~<@

every time I play one of their albums it makes me wonder why it has been so long
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #2,411 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Hey, Quicksand/Cradlesnakes. Did I ever tell you that I really like those guys?

I haven't been able to acquire "Roomsounds" yet. I've had it on order at Amazon for like two months. However, I have everything else by Califone and I absolutely Love this band! [...another one from Davey]

"Dramamine" - Modest Mouse

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #2,412 of 4,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I haven't been able to acquire "Roomsounds" yet. I've had it on order at Amazon for like two months.

Yeah, that's a shame. Looks like it's oop now and used prices have skyrocketed like on that crazy Wheat CD. I'll let you know if I see one. Kind of strange because that one is on their own label, Perishable Records. Wonder what the problem is? It has an unusual folded paper jacket so maybe that's a problem to get more made? Or maybe they just don't have the bankroll for a new run, although the link below says more soon. But don't know how long they've been saying that
smily_headphones1.gif

http://store.yahoo.com/perishable-store/roomsound.html

edit: just checked the Thrill Jockey site which is their label now and they are reissuing Roomsound on Feb 21 ... http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/?id=100361

Users who are viewing this thread

Back