What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#3?]
Aug 24, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #2,431 of 2,764
"Misunderstood" - Dream Theater

Aug 24, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #2,435 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyacorn
Tindersticks - Tiny Tears

Wow, what an album. That second Tindersticks LP is one of the best in the last decade. Love it totally. Coincidentally, just listening to some Tindersticks this morning myself, specifically the amazing cover they did around that same time in the mid 90s of that amazing Pavement song, "Here", from the amazing Slanted and Enchanted. Amazing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I mention how much I like it?

I was dressed for success
But success, it never comes
And I'm the only one who laughs
At your jokes when they are so bad
And your jokes are always bad
But they're not as bad as this

Aug 25, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #2,437 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
Guess I'll have to check out the Tindersticks. What about their greatest hits album?

Content wise, the Working For the Man: The Island Years collection is very good. And it does include the aforementioned cover of "Here" that i don't know where else you can get, but it is too compressed. The original albums are great sounding. I still remember wandering into Tower one day in the mid 90s, looking for some new vinyl to buy, and this Tindersticks 2-LP set was going for something like $6.99 with some amazing comments from Mojo, or NME, or one of the other silly Brit mags on the cover, so I took a chance. And was totally knocked out. And I still am. If you're a sound fanatic, definitely grab a copy of the album I mentioned, usually shown as Tindersticks II nowadays, although only shown as Tindersticks on the cover. Beautiful stuff. The CD is probably available used for cheap, and I have it too, and it sounds great. Any of those first 5 are great. Stay away from the recent UK remasters even though some of them are excellent content-wise because of the bonus disks. Just too compressed. They didn't need a remaster as they were already perfect. Just give us the bonus disk and leave he sound alone. Idiots
frown.gif

http://www3.cd-wow.com/detail_result...uct_code=10578

Sound kind of like the Flaming Stars album you got, but better. Much better is some respects. Then if you like it, pick up Simple Pleasures for a more Righteous Brothers R&B feel. Brilliant. Then pick up the Working For The Man collection that I mentioned above for more, plus the excellent bonus disk. Although the latter two will only be available as imports in this backwoods place I live called the USA. But its all good.

But don't you have enough yet? Have you even listened to half the stuff you've bought in the last few months?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back