What are you listening to _right now_?
Feb 23, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #706 of 2,024
I am listening to one of my favorite albums.

Darkthrone - Ravishing Grimness.
I just finished listening to an album that may replace this one at the top spot. It was Immortal - Damned in Black.
Good ol' fashioned black metal.

Feb 23, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #711 of 2,024
Talvin Singh feat. Amar - faam.I found it a few minutes ago surfing through the 25000+ files of my harddiscs and thought ´´who the f??k is Singh´´, never heard this guy.Well, sounds like a blend of downtempo drum´n bass and some indian flavours, really exciting. And I have douzends of Singh files here, no clue wherefrom, I hope they sound as good as ``faam´´.

Feb 23, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #713 of 2,024
perfecto presents...Paul Oakenfold, "Traveling" CD1
This is an awesome 74 minute DJ set!
Cary 306/200 > Singlepower SDS > HD650/Zu

Feb 24, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #715 of 2,024
Cry cry Cry - Cry Cry Cry

On MP3
I'm just ripping and encoding (w/ EAC/Lame) all my Lucy Kaplansky CDs so that I can have tem to hand for listening on my SlimX.

This is a great band comprised of Richard Shindell, Lucy Kaplansky and Dar Williams. They are a group of friends who got together to record a few tracks. They ended up releasing this album and toured the US together during 1998. The music is quite folkish but not in the cheesy way, these guys are New England folkies and masters of their game. Think Shawn Colvin etc.

I'm hoping that one day soon they will get back together to record some more. Magical stuff indeed!

Feb 24, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #716 of 2,024
Ancient Echoes; "SAVAE takes a landmark step toward recreating ancient music of the holy Land--including original prayers of Jesus, sung in his native aramiaic language, sacred Levitical music from Jerusalem's second temple, and Essene chant from the Dead Sea Scrolls." Pretty trippy stuff!

Feb 24, 2004 at 11:48 AM Post #720 of 2,024
I´´m using this thread as a recommedation for my next playlists.Many of the songs are already in my archive, some are easily obtained, and I´m most curious about the ones that I have trouble to get.
That´s fun.
Today I feel rich.I have 7 hours of leisure time, mostly filled with auditioning songs recommended in this thread and surfing through my harddiscs.
Actually I´m sitting at a desk for dinner and meanwhile hearing

Jan Zelenka - Sinfonia a 8 concertanti a-minor.A contemporary of Bach, I suppose.
I had to reheat my meal in the microwave oven ´cause I was totally immersed by the listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back