What are you listening to _right now_?
Apr 15, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #1,081 of 2,024
Okay it's after 2 am, and I am listening to something I haven't heard in a while.

Misfits - Cuts From the Crypt.
This is it's first play since I got these RS-1s last year, not to mention the Arcam player. I'm being blown away by the speed of the guitar work here. It was all just noise last time heard this. Now with all this detail, I'm being amazed.
rs1smile.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #1,082 of 2,024
Zappa - The Yellow Shark.
I grew out of Zappa's more and more boring lyrics about 1982. I've discovered this recording recently,and it's great, Zappa without lyrics.
wink.gif
He is one of the GREAT composers of the 20th century, underestimated IMO.
Dammned.
evil_smiley.gif
My neighbour just turned her vac on, and my stax is anything but isolating.
The only vac I want to listen to is vacuum tubes.

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #1,083 of 2,024
deep%20dish.jpg

I'm embarassed to say it's the first CD I've bought in a long time (mostly listen to mp3's of live dj sets) but definitely the best I've heard in a few years. Also listening to Hybrid - Morning Sci-Fi - this is kinda like dancey RadioHead / Sneaker Pimps.

Using an iPod mini --> Shure e5's.

Apr 15, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #1,084 of 2,024
Quote:

Originally posted by turn1200
deep%20dish.jpg

I'm embarassed to say it's the first CD I've bought in a long time (mostly listen to mp3's of live dj sets) but definitely the best I've heard in a few years. Also listening to Hybrid - Morning Sci-Fi - this is kinda like dancey RadioHead / Sneaker Pimps.

Using an iPod mini --> Shure e5's.

Good choice! I'm listening to the GU#024 Nick Warren "Reykjavik"
BTW, the Deep Dish "Moscow" is really good too.

Apr 16, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #1,088 of 2,024
Ana Caram's "The other side of Jobim". What an amazingly clean recording (Chesky Records btw), and beautifully soothing/pleasing voice and music. Playing through sacdmods NS500V -> Silver Sonic BL1 -> Marantz SR4000 -> Zu -> HD650.

Apr 16, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #1,092 of 2,024
O Brother, Where Art Thou? redbook version. The SACD one is sitting here primed and ready to start spinning in the Denon once it arrives.

Apr 16, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #1,094 of 2,024
Right NOW, Norah Jones, Come Away With Me/ This is one seriously great album. I absolutely love this lady's voice. Very controlled, and her soft singing style is very good. Big time two thumbs up. Now I'll have to find another album or two of heres to add to the collection.

Apr 16, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #1,095 of 2,024
is that the SACD version?--cause the CD version is painful to listen to on headphones. it's very easy to hear many areas when the voice is clipping. i dunno what the mastering engineer or the mixing engineer was thinking. and that got a grammy for this too i believe.

anyway, i heard the sacd version is much better. so, whoever's buying this disc, make sure you get that one. the cd's failures aren't very audible on louadspeakers though. but headphones make it blaring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back