What are you hoping for at CES 2008?
Jan 1, 2008 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, the king of DAP time is almost here and it's time to let us know what your hopes, dreams, ambitions, predictions, etc. are.

Predictions:
-Cowon introduces the D3, but won't release it until next year.
-Creative announces a replacement for the Zen Vision: W, with not much upgrade except capacity, possibly colors.
-Samsung says to expect higher capacities.
-iRiver shows off their current line up.
-SanDisk also shows off their current line up.

Not sure if there will be much else.

However, I really think this year will start to usher in some mini-PMPs, if you will. Not the huge ones, like the 605, A3, or the Q5, but things like the iPhone and Zune.

I see 3-3.5" inch screens becoming the norm, with wider codec support, and variations on the use of Wifi, and well as touchscreens. I don't think we'll see one, but I expect someone to announce a 64gb flash player by the end of the year. Creative already has a 32gb flash ZEN announced.

But yeah, I'd really like to see a PMP with A3 audio quality and codec support, iPhone Wifi, and general size of the 605. That would be a nice dream.

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 20
I am hoping for an iaudio x7 with 40+Hr battery life, 80+gb hard drive, excellent SQ, 2.5inch or better screen, supports flac, ogg, xvid, and other audio and video formats, high res screen and a nice and sleek form factor. I can only dream
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 20
Being realistic, I'll say, it will be nice if the iaudiox7 were to get 32 gigs (the current maximum capacity for a flash player). Then putting Flacs on it, will be a lot more reasonable, it will be the perfect ultra portable player for me if that were the case.

If not a 32 gig d2, but with a different sound signature, one that's thick and warm.

Jan 1, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 20
Hoping for anything new from Cowon. Maybe and X7 with a 3" or 3-1/2" screen with wifi.
Maybe a D3 with a screen that goes vertical instead of horizontal..doing that would make it possible to use a bigger screen and make it easier to control using one hand.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 20
We already have pictures of a touchscreen Zen, can't wait for that.

Also, maybe a D3 or P3 announced would be nice.
More touchscreens!
There are only a few to pick from that are all around good.

Maybe Creative will release a firmware for 100% sd card integration on the ZEN.
Also can't wait for the last 2 bluewave updates for the P2.

Maybe more headphones.
And lower the prices of older ones.
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 20
A bigger hard drive Cowon Q5W. I've been trying to decide whether to go for the A3 or the Q5W. Or more battery life on both devices.

More devices with SP/DIF out. Puts the ibasso D1 to good use.
biggrin.gif

hmm...more devices with wireless. Its becoming quite a useful feature. I know a lot of people have been waiting for the Westone 3, which got delayed quite a bit.

Hopefully the developers will try out something new, to surprise us.

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 20
Please just give me a D2 with the ability to output from higher resolutions. 640x480 anyone with native divx xvid support. Add that and the D2 probably becomes the perfect player for me. Portable dvd player to take to friends places to watch a movie.

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 20
I'm not up to date with DAPs, but I went on Meizu's forum today and this Iphone clone is supposed to be released this year (?), is that true?

I'm sort of in the market right now for a good DAP which supports other audio formats other than what an Ipod has to offer.

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Nemesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please just give me a D2 with the ability to output from higher resolutions. 640x480 anyone with native divx xvid support. Add that and the D2 probably becomes the perfect player for me. Portable dvd player to take to friends places to watch a movie.

The only addition that makes the D2 perfect is a true line-out, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back