What are you having for christmas dinner this year?
Dec 12, 2006 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
The usual Turkey or something different? I've decided to totally break with tradition this year and am going to have a vegetarian haggis for christmas dinner. Simple to cook and ready in minutes. I may even boil some potatoes and a turnip to go with it.

Second course will be plenty of chilled sausage and onion stuffing with cranberry sauce.

No pudding.

A no fuss, simple dinner with all my (would be) cooking time spent smoking the tree of life, watching the festive entertainment on the box, nibbling on the finest nuts, smoking some cubans, eating some fine mushrooms and possibly laying in to a few gallons of port.

Have you got a menu planned yet?

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 24
Tradition in my fam is turkey and this year I am hosting so I will cook the bird. Along with my mother's famous saige/onion stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, selection of green veggies (I like broccoli and asparagus but I'll have spinach as well), throw in some nice appetizers before hand (garlic buttered escargots, bruschetta, home made garlic bread) and that sums it up. Dessert will entail a trifle made by my wife, some home made fat free gelato, freshly coffee (speciality a la liqueur if so desired) and that should round it out. For beverages, non-fat egg nog, selection of wine, homemade veggie juice and distilled water.

For a night cap, I have a few bottles of single malts from the famous Head-fi list that were gifts over the year. I'll open up one or two for the guests.

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 24
Cheese fondue - as every year. And I love it!

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheese fondue - as every year. And I love it!

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

My family grew up doing a fondue on New Year's Eve. Gosh...I guess I did that from about 8 until 22? Something like that. Great fun.

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 24
At my brothers, which will absolutely be Turkey.... Our tradition and traditions are important... IMHO...

Oh, almost forgot, Eggnog and lotsa Scotch.....

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 24
i always do christmas and new years with my whole family. all day too cook, 20 minutes to eat, hour to clean up. good times

honey baked hams are very good...and so are those baked potatoes that come stuffed

Dec 13, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 24
For sure, formal Cantonese dinner, at a restaurant.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back