What are you favorite video game of all time?
May 11, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #31 of 158
The original Ninja Gaiden on Nes. Man I loved that game, Little League Baseball from SNK rocked all ass too. I used to keep full stats on all the players (including pitching) in that game in a notebook.

May 11, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #33 of 158
can't believe no one mentioned the original Diablo
eek.gif

most of my favs as far as hours spent playing them are on the SNES... chrono trigger, FF3, Secret of mana, mario 3, etc.

then there's NES.... Excitebike! haha
biggrin.gif

Quake (yes i still play it) Doom & Doom 2, Quake III, battlefield 1942, AVP2, FarCry, civilization 2, star control 2, fallout 1 & 2, diablo 2, halo, red alert 1 & 2, red faction, STEEL PANTHERS, resident evil, any of the "Worms" games. commander keen... gosh, what else. i know there's a bunch more.

also a little-known game called Mordor and it's sequel Demise. bet no one here has ever played em
biggrin.gif

(BTW I was surprised to see some people mention Wasteland... NICE!!! that is one of my favs too. also Dragon Wars and Abuse. oh, and Greed.)

yeah, my youth was a complete waste
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #34 of 158
Unreal Tournament for PC. Been playing it exclusively (haven't really touched any other games since discovering it) ever since the demo back in '98 or '99. It's utterly destroyed my life, but hey, at least I have fun playing it.

May 11, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #36 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
A giant robot fighting game back around '98 called Star Siege. The online gaming had me addicted.

more accurate description would be mech game

part of the metaltech/earthsiege series... in fact it's the last game set in that universe to involve HERC (the name for the "giant robots") combat (everything since has been the tribes series)

May 11, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #37 of 158
Hmm. When I first saw this thread, my reaction was "Oh, that's an easy question for me." However, after thinking about it is kind of difficult.

I think that my favorite game is probably Jet Set Radio, but I also really like the Halo series, and Uniracers.

Uniracers is a really cool SNES game where you race unicycles. It is good, but what really makes me like it is that I don't know anyone else who has played it, which makes it seem kind of unique.

May 11, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #39 of 158
Nothing takes me back like the original Tribes. Oh, the memories. And I wasn't even ever one of those guys who could midair like nobody's business.

May 11, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 158
Enemy Territory. The only gamve I've played for 2 years straight...

May 11, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #43 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
suprised no one mentioned return to zork.

That game was like hailed for awhile as the best yadda yadda.

Also Myst was a big deal..

Oh yea, wing commander!

MUDs, yes. text-based games are the awesome!

just remembered another lost classics: Lode Runner, Blackthorne.

May 11, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #45 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Uniraces can get really difficult
eek.gif

I didn't care if i lost though, cause the music ROCKED!!!
rs1smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

The last levels are pretty hard, but Uniracers and the T Hawk P Skate games have some of the best difficulty curves I have ever experienced, so it was OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back