What are you favorite video game of all time?
May 11, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #46 of 158
Thanks to MJG for mentioning Zork. I spent hours on those Infocom text adventures.

I spent way too much time playing Jumpman and Ultima IV on my Commodore 64 in high school.

Then spent way too much time playing Doom on my 368 in my post-college haze years.

Then spent way too much time playing Half Life when I got married.

Trying to find some balance now (until the next big one comes along).

May 11, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #47 of 158
haha yea

zork rules

i never had a 386 : / i went straight from 286 to 486 sx...

Back in my commodore days i had some pretty awesome games, but i was so young it's tough to remember (i think impossible mission i really liked alot)

Did you have an apple II? I miss those as well ahah. Oregon trail ruled.

May 11, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #48 of 158
OREGON TRAIL!!!

That's beautiful! I didn't have an Apple, but there was one at school and our teachers let us play OT, b/c of its educational value. Ha ha, we spent lots of time shooting at those stupid deer!

May 11, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #49 of 158
Im about to make you all my sons and answer Aurora's question:

APB!!!

After you caught the driver by forcing him to PULL OVER PULL OVER by ramming him. You would get another APB call and when you were in proximity the lights would light up.

Quote:

hmmph favorite game of all time? I was born in 1980, so most of them will be from early 80's up until early 90's... Newer games don't do it for me as much, but i play em still.

Same Here:

ARCADE:
Street Fighter 1 (the one where you pounded the large buttons to differentiate between jab, strong, and fierce)

Street Fighter 2 and all bootleg turbo versions. I went on a dorm trip to a bowling alley where I owned everyone in the arcade at SF2. My housemaster wrote home to my mom "if he only applied himself to his studies with the same intensity he plays Street Fighter bundee1 would be an incredible student. PRICK!

Marble Madness - one of those Rube Goldberg devices come to life. You could get swallowed by elbow macaroni slinky things and if you fell from a great height you would get dizzy or crack. Track ball controls.

1941, 1942 and so on - destructive and educational.

Paperboy - the headlines at the end were the shiznit! Handlebar controls.

720- "Skate or Die"

Bad Dudes - "Im BAADD!!!"

Gladiator - This one has the Gladiator that is the full size of the screen and you would approach and battle other Gladiators. You would thrust, damage their shield, armor and finally skin. If you moved the joystick up and down really fast you could get a temporary glowing super shield.

Rangor - The dude with the shield on a string.

Bubble Bobble- Nuff Said.

Operation Wolf - Dope UZI shooter

Gauntlet - "Green Elf Needs Food Badly" "Green Elf Is About to Die"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - and all the other clones like the Simpsons

Popeye. An old witch throws bottles at you. Who hasnt this happened to?

Rampage - I loved monster movies as a kid and this was the first one where you could be one and eat people and spit fire.

PINBALL:

Addams Family
"SEANCE" and "HIT COUSIN IT mimimimi" The one to own all pinball machines.

Space Shuttle pinball game
just wierd after the Challenger explosion.

Star Trek - "Resistance is Futile". One day it replaced the Addams Family. Decent but things were never the same for me.

HOME SYSTEMS:

COLECOVISION:
Space Fury
Stupid Alien head would mock you in their musical alien language. I think this was the first game where you could power up your ship. Basically asteroids but after a few rounds you got to fly into a new shell for your ship with more guns. You had about 10 seconds to do it or else
no power up.

Smurfs
Jump over stuff. If anything touched you, you would keel over and instantly rigor mortis.

Atari:
Phoenix

NES
Mario Bros. - the original. I liked the theme song from the commercials:
"Something's gumming up the plumbing
Poor Luigi's in a bind
Giant turtles out to get him
Creepy crabs are right behind
Fighter Flies! Jeeper Jipes!
They're all coming out the pipes!
MARIO, WHERE ARE YOU?!"
I also like that you killed crabs for some reason.

blowing on cartridges. pfoooo pfoooo

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM
Space Harrier
blast dragons with a cannon the size of chimney

Altered Beast
My second favorite monster movie game - "Rise From Your Grave"

I played most of these games at my corner joint called Winstons Bagel Shop. Other great underground places from the golden age of the arcade were Penn Station, 74th Street Roosevelt Ave. Subway Station, Coney Island,
and countless video and stationary stores. Thank you.

Ill stop here because Ive drawn a blank. DISCUSS AMONGST YOURSELVES!

May 11, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #50 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
OREGON TRAIL!!!

That's beautiful! I didn't have an Apple, but there was one at school and our teachers let us play OT, b/c of its educational value. Ha ha, we spent lots of time shooting at those stupid deer!

That game is awesome!

Seriously, there is some heart-stopping suspense in the game, like when you caulk your wagon across a river, there was like a 50/50 chance of your wagon sinking and drowning everybody. And, besides shooting the deer, man those buffalo are the real deal. Shoot one of those slow things and you got meat to last you a few weeks.

BTW have you ever managed to shoot down the birds? I couldn't

May 11, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #52 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
suprised no one mentioned return to zork.

That game was like hailed for awhile as the best yadda yadda.

Also Myst was a big deal..

Oh yea, wing commander!

Yup, Wing Commander series was an awesome pc game for it's time. Spent many sleepless nights playing it and the Ultima series to the wee hours of the morning . I think I still have the entire game on it original 3.5" floppies with the original box somewhere in my closet. Someone also mentioned Ramapage, another awesome coin-op game now available on Playststion. Great fun especially if you have multiple players.

May 11, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #54 of 158
Let's see, my top 5 (I prefer this instead of listing just one)would have to be:
-Final Fantasy 6
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Vagrant Story
-Final Fantasy Adventure(Seiken Densetsu 1, remade as Sword of Mana, prequel
of Secret of Mana)

Other favorites are:
-Kirby's Adventure
-Gran Turismo series
-Final Fantasy 2 (not the American 4, although it is an awesome game)
-Klonoa 1 and 2
-Final Fantasy 8
-River City Ransom
-Ridge Racer 5
-Super Mario Bros. 3 (how many of you posting DIDN'T have this game??)
-Metal Gear series (1, 2, Solid 1+2)
-Chrono Trigger(I didn't get to play this until it was rereleased on PS)
-Super Metroid(makes me wanna play all the new Metroid games just thinking
about how awesome this game was!)
-Mega Man series
-Mega Man X series

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting, but if I were stranded on a deserted island, these are the ones I'd have to have.

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 11, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #56 of 158
for gamecube is metroid prime and resident evil 4

For snes is contra, super mario world , biker mice from mars, super street fighter 2,

For nes is super mario bros 3

For ps is tenchu , ff7

For sega is sonic 2 and quackshot

For sega saturn is shining the holy ark , street fighter alpha 2

May 11, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #57 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
For sega saturn is shining the holy ark , street fighter alpha 2

Hey, have you ever played Panzer Dragoon Saga? That's like the rarest SS game I've ever seen, and it was fun as hell when I played it. But in my grand stupidity I sold it along with my Saturn for $50. D'oh!(smacks self upside the head).

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 11, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #58 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Hey, have you ever played Panzer Dragoon Saga? That's like the rarest SS game I've ever seen, and it was fun as hell when I played it. But in my grand stupidity I sold it along with my Saturn for $50. D'oh!(smacks self upside the head).

biggrin.gif
Abe

i haven played it b4 but i heard its a good game. Sega saturn is a very good console especially for 2D games. it renders arcade games very well , much better than playstation , yet i sold them in favor for ps. Damn! Gamecube will be my last console as my interest shifted to audiophile stuff

May 11, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #59 of 158
Yeah, Dragon Force was an awesome game as well, but I didn't own it(borrowed it for about a month), and since all I owned was Panzer, I decided the PS was going to overtake everything else(Hence I sold my SS setup), even my older consoles, and that's exactly what happened. Good thing is though, that I've built a decent emulator library to make up for the fact, although I've only started getting SNES roms and have no luck looking for any.
One thing the PS was awesome for was Namco arcade games and hardware. Ever messed with the Guncon, Negcon, or Jogcon? OMG, these controllers are awesome to the upteenth degree, and I still rate the Negcon as the best racing controller ever made.
I'd like to build a Gamecube library, but I'll wait until it dies like the N64 or Dreamcast before doing so(I didn't like either of those consoles...)
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 11, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #60 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Yeah, Dragon Force was an awesome game as well, but I didn't own it(borrowed it for about a month), and since all I owned was Panzer, I decided the PS was going to overtake everything else(Hence I sold my SS setup), even my older consoles, and that's exactly what happened. Good thing is though, that I've built a decent emulator library, although I've only started getting SNES roms and have no luck looking for any.
One thing the PS was awesome for was Namco arcade games and hardware. Ever messed with the Guncon, Negcon, or Jogcon? OMG, these controllers are awesome to the upteenth degree, and I still rate the Negcon as the best racing controller ever made.
I'd like to build a Gamecube library, but I'll wait until it dies like the N64 or Dreamcast before doing so(I didn't like either of those consoles...)
biggrin.gif
Abe

www.coolroms.com i like to collect roms as well especially for snes.Gamecube is worth buying because of its relatively low price and its exclusive games are awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back