what are you drinking right now..
Apr 3, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #346 of 1,188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is everyone still trying to impress everyone else with their beer knowledge, or has somebody been HONEST and admitted to drinking spittle, if drinking is the right word?

1. The breed of foont who pooches 5k on a headphone setup might be inclined to upgrade their alcohol to match, wouldn't you concuss?

2. Age begets impatience with mediocrity. Now that I'm hoary and covered with green sores, I'd rather not drink unless the experience is sufficiently posh to make me forget my green sores.

3. If people who post pics o' rarefied likker are damnable show-offs, then are members who confect equipment lists and updump vacation slides o' their rigs uncircumcised exhibitionists as well?

Quote:

Speaking of beer, I was at the Powerplant in Parkville yesterday, and they tried to interest me in their latest microbrew: coffee beer. I'll say no more, except that I declined.

I'm not sure why, but I'd have had to try Power Plant's rendition of caffeine-inf(l)ected suds, even though other brew mavens have sloshed similar unnatural births (DH's Chicory Stout, I'll have you ken). What makes me fearful is the prospect of sipping Pee-Pee's Blackberry Wheat Ale. I hate to sound like a broken retard (please fix my drool cup), but arbitrary fruit-slinging can lead to ale that tastes like a Baskin and Robin's waffle syrup experiment.

On the nether hind, here's what twits me on this thread:

Single-word posts containing nouns such as "water" or "coffee," which contribute nothing save inflating people's post counts. Such mundanity flashcards seem harmless until you realize you're having to navigate through 133 pages because of them. (Yahs ago, tossing off helium floss constituted grounds for a temporary Head-fisitic ban after one's insipid-to-useful post ratio reached a negative balance of shut the naughty up.)

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #348 of 1,188
Makers Mark, Whiskey
blink.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #349 of 1,188
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple juice

Thank you, Incredible Human Dial Tone. (Are you aware you've been posting the same two words repeatedly?)

Apr 4, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #351 of 1,188
Bicardi Breezer - Lime. It tastes a lot like the dacuris mom used to make, only not made of ice, and in the case of the Breezer, less rum - means it tastes better. Mom always put too much rum, but it's a taste that reminds me of home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #354 of 1,188
attachment.php

Can't believe it took me so long to try this stuff. Am really pleasantly surprised by it, especially since I've not been big on the few stouts I have sampled so far and generally have preferred ales, lagers, and wheat beers.

Apr 4, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #355 of 1,188
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. The breed of foont who pooches 5k on a headphone setup might be inclined to upgrade their alcohol to match, wouldn't you concuss?

2. Age begets impatience with mediocrity. Now that I'm hoary and covered with green sores, I'd rather not drink unless the experience is sufficiently posh to make me forget my green sores.

3. If people who post pics o' rarefied likker are damnable show-offs, then are members who confect equipment lists and updump vacation slides o' their rigs uncircumcised exhibitionists as well?

I'm not sure why, but I'd have had to try Power Plant's rendition of caffeine-inf(l)ected suds, even though other brew mavens have sloshed similar unnatural births (DH's Chicory Stout, I'll have you ken). What makes me fearful is the prospect of sipping Pee-Pee's Blackberry Wheat Ale. I hate to sound like a broken retard (please fix my drool cup), but arbitrary fruit-slinging can lead to ale that tastes like a Baskin and Robin's waffle syrup experiment.

On the nether hind, here's what twits me on this thread:

Single-word posts containing nouns such as "water" or "coffee," which contribute nothing save inflating people's post counts. Such mundanity flashcards seem harmless until you realize you're having to navigate through 133 pages because of them. (Yahs ago, tossing off helium floss constituted grounds for a temporary Head-fisitic ban after one's insipid-to-useful post ratio reached a negative balance of shut the naughty up.)

THAT was a mightily fine post, sir! Did you see that the hoi-polloi did not seem to notice? Perhaps I should put together an H-P list for my sig. Oh, what good would it do? Have another beer...

Laz

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #356 of 1,188
2w6bdxs.jpg

Just hit store shelves today (distribution started a couple days ago). I'm in heaven right now.

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #358 of 1,188
1502.jpg

Awful label, world class beer
cool.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #359 of 1,188
Kosher Passover Pepsi! (ie. Pepsi that uses cane sugar instead of corn syrup)

Much better than regular pepsi!

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #360 of 1,188
Beefeater's Gin, tonic, ice, twist of lime. Every night. Done and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back