what are you drinking right now..
Mar 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #286 of 1,187
Thick, syrupy vintage Mid-Manhattan Atmosphere (it's been aging – bottled up here – for a long time).

Assaults the nose with complex and aggressive hints of sweat, flowery perfumes, hemp, CO (very subtle), old burger juice, stale ale, tale pipe sludge, and just a whiff of rosemary (or was it Rosemary — ahhh).

Tasting notes: Piquant, with very forward hints of cough-y, tar-amel, bar-lees (dregs) and lots of smoke [sorry – no true mallts here].

A few drops of branch water (Gen'l J.T.Ripper brand) smooths out the long finish of tar and petrol haze, and brings out the sugars (honeys, if you meet them face-to-face).

Best taken neat, but in very small drafts, interspersed with long drafts of fragrance of new mown grass, preferably more than 100 miles from here.

This vintage NOT yet available at TJ's or Costco, but coming very soon the way things are progressing across the US.

Mar 30, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #287 of 1,187
im at work right now so i cant be drinking anything
smily_headphones1.gif

well last night...Foxrun Riesling, 2005.

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #289 of 1,187
VB. Victoria Bitter.

It was that or Emu Bitter, both are brewed in dirty bathtubs for that true Australian flavour. The complex hint of bathwater isn't quite as offensive to the palette with the VB....
redface.gif

All the Red Backs are gone.
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #292 of 1,187
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hitachino nest Weizen is one of my favorite beers! So refreshing and different. I still have yet to try the red rice. You'll have to let us know how it is!

Ok this Hitachino Nest RedRice is incredible. I have never had a beer like this. It tastes almost like a much less sweet Lambic. Wow, I need to find this stuff in 6 packs. Interestingly it has sediment at the bottom. Reminds me of the home brews some roommates of mine made several years back when I was in college.

redrice.jpg

Check out the red color:
redrice2.jpg

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #293 of 1,187
I'm working on beer #7,
tongue.gif
!

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #294 of 1,187
Not drinking; waiting......

....and waiting.

The pot of coffee should be done in just a moment.

(this is true! I waited to start another pot till I was ready to post in this thread! I AM waiting for a pot of coffee!!)

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #296 of 1,187
Oh man, that Hitachino nest is a beautiful color. I'll have to drop by the store sometime.

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #299 of 1,187
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok this Hitachino Nest RedRice is incredible. I have never had a beer like this. It tastes almost like a much less sweet Lambic. Wow, I need to find this stuff in 6 packs. Interestingly it has sediment at the bottom. Reminds me of the home brews some roommates of mine made several years back when I was in college.

Wow I was at my beer store today looking at that stuff. They just got it in this week. Will have to try soon.

Right now I'm drinking a Dale's Pale Ale, a new import to Tampa that I'd had before while traveling. Still can't believe that it tastes so darned good out of a can.

11576.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back