What are these songs (From a Chinese Buffet)?
Jul 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
I always hear these 2 songs at this buffet in St. Louis Park, MN and I love them. The buffet is called Super Moon Buffet if anyone wants to check it out. 

Anywho, I've recorded a short snippet in the bathroom (cause it's obviously less awkward that way). I've tried using the app SoundHound but it can't help me to save its life so yeah.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 6
  I always hear these 2 songs at this buffet in St. Louis Park, MN and I love them. The buffet is called Super Moon Buffet if anyone wants to check it out. 

Anywho, I've recorded a short snippet in the bathroom (cause it's obviously less awkward that way). I've tried using the app SoundHound but it can't help me to save its life so yeah.

Maybe use shazam? :wink:

Jul 6, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 6
The second one sounds like it could have come from Beijing Opera but with modern electric instruments; that might also be true for the first one, it's just that the more modern, power metal-inspired guitar is better at hiding that. Best way to get more details is to send the clips to a professor of Chinese languages, or a theater/arts professor who specializes in China. Check the Confucius Institute website and look up professors in whichever Institute is in the US (or wherever else you're from) so you can converse in a language other than Mandarin or other Chinese languages well enough.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 6
I can't hear clearly from the first video but the second video is obviously Chinese music. I thought it was The Moon Over a Fountain but it  is not. There are so many Chinese songs sound similar to this song. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back