What are these headphones?
Dec 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

beachgeek

100+ Head-Fier
Can someone translate this language for these headphones?

I received these headphones from overseas, I am not sure what language this is, but trying to figure out what the model number is.

They are very clear and sound great, but too big for my head, bummer.  Does anyone know what these sell for?

Uh Oh one side just went out. Darn

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 13
How does one receive a pair of headphones without knowing what they are? 
blink.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 13
I was very surprised when they showed up.  my life is out of control
confused.gif
.  lol, but I had a bad medical problem for a month that put everything else way in the background.  I did some digging around and I think these are russian isodynamic headphones "Elektronika TDS-5 ""..

The cord looks like a thin AC cord.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 13
pics of said headphones?

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 13
Yup, Elektronika is old Soviet stuff. They made some very cool calculators and other goodies - you'll see lots of them turn up on eBay.

X2 on the request for pics! :) Hopefully, you just have a loose connection in there.

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 13
Those sure look like the old Audio-Technica cans. I've got a pair of ATH-6s in a box somewhere.

I hope you can get those working again - what a cool addition to a headphone collection!

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 13
Iirc, they're Yamaha HP-1 copies (correct me if I'm wrong) and look like it too.

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 13
Now working, sort of.  Did the Christmas thing and after the drive home opened the used Shangling PH3000 amp.  Tried it with the sextettes and the sound was good, but not as tubey as the Dark Voice.  Decided to keep the PH3000.  For kicks I pulled out the Elektronika TDS-5  headphones & cranked up the volume & they worked.  They sound great with this amp, very in your face & dramatic, sound better than the sextettes.  The sextettes sound muted when compared to these.

BUT the one side will not play long at low volume & at high volume will kick off every once in a while.  Cranking up the volume works and it pops back in.  I'm thinking this may be a driver problem.  I hope to open them up tomorrow.

Also has anyone tried putting foam under headbands to pull earcups up so they rest over the ears.  These headphones are too long for my head.

thanks for all the help so far!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back