What are the targetted users for Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ear AND Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones
Nov 22, 2016 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sarahkho

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried both of these headphones or has some more insights on why one manufacturer produces two headphones with almost the same functionalities.

I am looking to get a over ear headphone, a portable one as I do air travel a lot, to replace my current IEM. I came to few last items that I have in my list but I cannot decide between these two headphones on which one can stay in my list as Sennheiser's potential purchase. I know that one comes with a cord to be used as a connected as well as wireless and the other does not have this functionality but other than that they are more or less the same.

The portability is probably the most important aspect for me as I am used to my IEM but they started hurting my ears in long haul flights and long use time so I want a replacement with portability and more comfortable wear.

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you tried the Bose QC30's? Supremely comfortable for an ear-bud, suprisingly good sound and ANC too...
The Senn 550's are supposedly aimed at the 'executive' traveller, whatever that means. It seems they have better ANC than the Momentums but slightly less audio quality - the usual trade off with ANC
Australia has a $100 cash back on the Momentums as well as a cut in the price (maybe a new model coming?) So they are currently quite a bit cheaper than the 550's, which wasn't the situation a few months back when the Momentums were considered the top of range in that category...

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 4
  Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried both of these headphones or has some more insights on why one manufacturer produces two headphones with almost the same functionalities.

I am looking to get a over ear headphone, a portable one as I do air travel a lot, to replace my current IEM. I came to few last items that I have in my list but I cannot decide between these two headphones on which one can stay in my list as Sennheiser's potential purchase. I know that one comes with a cord to be used as a connected as well as wireless and the other does not have this functionality but other than that they are more or less the same.

The MDR-1000X have the better sound quality of all those options (Both Senns, Bose).
NC is about the same, comfort is very good.
I'd say it's probably the best wireless headphone with ANC at the moment, but the structure can be a bit squeaky sometimes, plastic. So that's a drawback. Some people don't seem to get that noise or don't notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back