What are the SEXIEST looking headphones?
Sep 25, 2003 at 4:53 AM Post #16 of 60
Yeah, I had owned the CD1700 - the pair that now belongs to Head-Fi member "redshifter". But unfortunately, the CD1700 sounded overwarm, with recessed treble response, to my ears. Maybe it was because I didn't have a dedicated headphone amp at the time that I had those 'phones.

Sep 25, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
i just sold my preciouses (my MDR F1's), and yes, they were a beauty to behold...IMO, they defintely had the sonics to match.

mdr-f1.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure why these cans have gotten such a bad rep on these boards as far as sound quality goes. I love mine--both the looks and the sound. My Etymotic ER4P-4S adapter cable complements them nicely.

Sep 25, 2003 at 5:03 AM Post #19 of 60
I think the most *unsexy* cans I've ever owned (maybe ever seen) are the Senn HD-580. There's something purely utilitarian about their look and feel, as if they were designed to do nothing but play music... no frills whatever, very no-nonsense. Would be nice if they were made of less plastic, but I prefer their looks over the semi-silly "marbled" look of the HD-600.

Edit -- well, the Stax SR-007 is pretty utilitarian looking too... but that's almost like Stax intentionally made them to look retro in some respects, right down to the color. Etymotics definitely qualify in the "unsexy" category too.
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
I think the most *unsexy* cans I've ever owned (maybe ever seen) are the Senn HD-580.

Ever seen the Jecklin Floats
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Ymer
IMO, nothing currently out that I have seen at least a pic of can touch the dt880s. Gotta love the brushed alluminum and those pads.

I'm gonna second these, they are very sexy!

I like my 590's too! and the PX200's are cool as hell for portables!

Sep 25, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #23 of 60
Audio Technica ATH-A100ti is sexiest headpone for me. Nothing can beat that grossy blue. Very modern looking, great sound, great isolation, and very comfy.A100ti

Sep 25, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #24 of 60
W2002's. Almost lickable. Almost, though, you don't actually want to tarnish the veneer. Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
The sexiest looking cans have definetly got to be the DT770 Pro's
tongue.gif

Ha! You must have a Princess Leia fetish.

Sep 25, 2003 at 9:32 AM Post #27 of 60
IMO best looking headphone competition isnt fair when a-t is allowed to participate
very_evil_smiley.gif
Since a-t would snag at least the top 10 places
evil_smiley.gif
. Moving into the "best of the rest" Id say the wooden grados and actually the new hd650 looks nice.

Sep 25, 2003 at 10:08 AM Post #28 of 60
Might just be me, but I get more of a sense of 'classy' with the A-Ts than 'sexy'. Maybe I'm being too discriminating about differences... another example is my earlier post calling the HD-580 unsexy (but to me, unsexy doesn't equate to ugly... more like basic, no-nonsense, utilitarian, useful, that kind of thing).

Compare it to PC music programs... Windows media player with a cool skin or Musicmatch Jukebox is "sexy," whereas Foobar2k or some really functional audio player with a command line interface is 'unsexy'. Winamp 2.x with the base skin is just ugly.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2003 at 11:18 AM Post #29 of 60
What do you people mean when you say a headphone looks "sexy". What does sex have to do with a headphones appearance?

Sep 25, 2003 at 11:23 AM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
What do you people mean when you say a headphone looks "sexy". What does sex have to do with a headphones appearance?

Here ya go!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back