what are the names of those square headphones...
May 22, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #16 of 27
The second one is Neil Peart... not the actual one though, this one is the Head-Fier.

And are you sure the third one is Jude? I don't look at the meet photos too much, but his avatar used to have a picture of him and I thought he looked different. That was a while ago though.

May 22, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 27
There should be a "legendary pictures" gallery on head-fi. With all of the classic pictures. Starting with the BoseCatOfDoom.
580smile.gif

May 22, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
man, on my overclocking boards, last time somebody posted a pic of themselves, there were over 15 pages of photoshopped pics of them...

Where'd that PinkFloyd thread go...

May 22, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
i think that that picture of the dude in the hawian shirt will give me nightmares.

did you see the picture of him changing his shirt?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhy
What's the cheapest "square" headphones available?

Probably the original (low bias) Stax Sigma, or possibly a dynamic version of the Jecklin Floats, based on the prices I've seen recently. The Stax 202 is the cheapest in production "square headphone".

May 22, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #27 of 27
I got the Jecklin Float 2 for £50
The Jecklin Float 1 for £40
The Stax 2020 for £220

Secondhand on eBay UK.

However, if you buy Floats, they WILL need to be refurbished. Its also much safer to buy the dynamic ones (model 1 and model 2) than the electrostatic ones, which tend to have panels which are utterly ruined by now.

The last pair of Jecklins on eBay went for nearly £90, and they were in the same condition as minewere, so they seem to be getting more popular.

Vintage Stax will go for around the same price as a secondhand 2020 system, depending on model and condition and the amp or energiser they are paired with. But most won't sound as good, and may have technical issues.

Another advantage of the 2020 over vintage models is that the SR-202 headphones are pro-bias. Meaning that you can upgrade to a new Stax amp later on, which significantly improves their performance.

-edited for spelling-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back