What are the IE8's like?
Jan 30, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you in the U.S.? If so, Audéo - A more intense music experience - Home

Nope i'm italian and here and I didn't find any on-line store even in Uk that have phonak
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Check the Phonak threads because I know some folks found a place to order in Europe.

Thanks I will!

I saw that few people talks about the Sleek Audio SA6, aren't them so good compared with W3/SE530/ie8/triples.fi/Phonak?

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 26
I find the ie8's to sound like big cans and have some crazy soundstage in em I find them similar to my hd650's in terms of sound signature and I have not had them long enough to cast final judgement and they are not fully burnt in but I think I may have a new favorite. My tf10's run in fear
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks I will!

I saw that few people talks about the Sleek Audio SA6, aren't them so good compared with W3/SE530/ie8/triples.fi/Phonak?

I owned the Sleeks, sold them. Preferred the Westone 3s and now the Phonaks. But the Sleeks are nice IEMs, with their modular system. To me, the Phonaks deliver the best sound/value ratio by far.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

I owned the Sleeks, sold them. Preferred the Westone 3s and now the Phonaks. But the Sleeks are nice IEMs, with their modular system. To me, the Phonaks deliver the best sound/value ratio by far.

Understood!

Before after giving up the W3 (more than 400€ here) I was sure to buy Ie8 (200€ here) now it's your fault guys
bigsmile_face.gif

and I'm really attracted by this Phonak!

I checked in all the threads about phonak and I found a sweden on-line store that have the white model but I cannot find anywhere else!
frown.gif

PS: I read a lot about amping the headphone, I haven't ever used an amp, at present I have a Cowon S9, is it enough to sound good or an amp would improve a lot?

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #22 of 26
Well, I would not automatically jump over the IE8s to get to the PFEs, based on what IE8 owners are reporting. Personally, I just can't see getting yet another pair of IEMs. Being as my W3s were a gift from my wife, I won't sell them. So maybe since the Senns are relatively cheap, you should try them first. I really do like the PFEs too, but I would like to hear a pair of IE8s as well. But only already burnt in.

Anyway, I had to get the white ones too. And I just find a good amp gives them a little more, uh, authority, oomph. Brings out their best qualities. But they also sound pretty nice unamped. Can't speak for the Cowon. Might want to read some threads to see if they deliver good HP out juice.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Well, I would not automatically jump over the IE8s to get to the PFEs, based on what IE8 owners are reporting. Personally, I just can't see getting yet another pair of IEMs. Being as my W3s were a gift from my wife, I won't sell them. So maybe since the Senns are relatively cheap, you should try them first. I really do like the PFEs too, but I would like to hear a pair of IE8s as well. But only already burnt in.

Anyway, I had to get the white ones too. And I just find a good amp gives them a little more, uh, authority, oomph. Brings out their best qualities. But they also sound pretty nice unamped. Can't speak for the Cowon. Might want to read some threads to see if they deliver good HP out juice.

Thank you very much for your advices!

Anyway i have time to think about it because Ie8 are sold out in every reliable on-line shop that I checked and I can find Phonak just in one store and I'm not sure if they deliver internationally!

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #26 of 26
U gotta listen to them..no amount of reading will give u the full idea of how they sound like.

first impression will be that for u ll feel u r still wearing full size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back