What are the best In-Ear headphones for a Hip Hop Enthusiast?
Sep 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #17 of 24
When I tried them, I asked the seller to lend me his own pair. That's because I knew that they were coil drivers...Need burn in. Read a lot of forums about how long their burn-in time was. So I knew it wouldn't have been a good idea to try a new pair straight out of the box for sampling. 

Anyway, I do agree that the IE8s aren't for everyone. But then I'd like to see a pair of headphones that are. At this price point, a majority will like, but there will be some who don't. I guess rakfunk12 count in the minority. 

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #19 of 24
I did consider the Turbines for a while. But not seriously. I don't know. Generally people agree that the IE8s are a banging pair of earphones and that they're better than the Turbines. The Turbines do come with a great warranty though. 

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #21 of 24
I felt the same about the 300s. But then I went to the CX400-IIs. Much more clarity and balance. Not sure if the 500s would be even moreso as I have not tried. For hip hop, I use the UE Super.fi 5 EBs.

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
Generally people agree that the IE8s are a banging pair of earphones and that they're better than the Turbines. 

Not sure about that.  I think it breaks both ways.  You will find a lot of former IE8 users who went to Monsters.

To me the Golds and MDs w/ Supertips are awesome for Rap and Hip-Hop.  Deep, powerful bass and smooth enough to make any poorly mastered album enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back