What are the best In-Ear headphones for a Hip Hop Enthusiast?
Sep 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

HiphopHipHop

New Head-Fier
I just got Sennheiser CX300-B In-Ear Stereo Headphones in the mail and they sound like a crap, all the drums/bass/basslines are muffled. Sounds like a tin-can.

Should I throw these out and just order the 500's?

frown.gif

Can someone help?

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 24
I listen to Hip-Hop quite a bit.......................love the xb40's.  Nice highs and mids..........thunderous bass. 

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 24
I like my Klipsch S4 for hip hop.  I am not a huge fan of the inexpenisive senn models and refuse to pay over $200 for an iem...so far.

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 24
Did you get a fake CX300?  The Sennheiser line is known for lots and lots of fakes being out there. Your descriptions does sounds like that of a fake one.

Sep 22, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 24
JH16. Thunderous bass and impeccable imaging and instrument separation.

*psst, you should state a price range =P*

I love my HJE900s for Hip Hop. Treble is too harsh for some, foam tips or foam mod may remedy this.

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 24

Quote:
Did you get a fake CX300?  The Sennheiser line is known for lots and lots of fakes being out there. Your descriptions does sounds like that of a fake one.

I dont even know, I think i'm done with Sennheisers.

According to this link the ones I have are real:
http://fakeheadphones.com/pictures/sennheiser-cx300-fake-vs-genuine/

I actually have BOTH of those in the link right now. And the supposedly fake ones sound better than the supposedly real ones.

EDIT

oops, I double posted, not sure if this is against the rules on here, i'd merge and delete if i knew how

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 24

You will love them.  I promise.  I expect to hear your thought about them once you get them.  Also, make sure you give them their needed burn in time.  The bass will tighten up and everything will come together better after about 50 or so hours.  At least that's how long it took mine.  Now they have well over 300 hours and sound just great.  Enjoy yours!

Quote:

Ok I just ordered this. Hopefully this is good, cost me 79 bucks.

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
ya those are excellent choices if he feels like overpaying for mediocre products. 

Nothing wrong with the Turbines, they're a good series. It's the beats series that aren't as popular here.

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:
ya those are excellent choices if he feels like overpaying for mediocre products. 

Is this coming from experience or just brand perception?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back