What are the best IEMs for $150-$200?
Dec 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #31 of 47
Honestly. How can a variety of tips not fit? Even the biggest ones slip out for some people? Is there something with the inherent design of the TF10s that make them slip out?

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #34 of 47
Quote:
Honestly. How can a variety of tips not fit? Even the biggest ones slip out for some people? Is there something with the inherent design of the TF10s that make them slip out?

I get ok fit with med sony hybrid, but it's not something I can move around in. What I'm guessing is that because the tf10 is kinda big and it comes straight out, it's easier to fall out than other iems...ems like westones and shures actually sit on your ear, right above the ear lobe, so the weight can rest there...but tf10 comes straight out, so the weight is just kinda hanging off. Maybe that's whats happening?

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #35 of 47

Quote:

The design is fine, the way the hook over the ears makes the stay put and just make sure you insert them deep enough.  I can wear mine for hours and it feels fine.  Don't let the fit issues some have scare out of getting the TF10's because the sound you described that you want is the TF10's.

Last post good luck on your search and I hope you find one that works for you.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #36 of 47
Agreed...don't let "fit" scare you away from the TF10s.  If you can get them for a good price, jump on them.  Try all kinds of tips, maybe the first one will work for you.  Worst case is you sell them and break even or even make a few bucks when the BF stock runs dry.  Or...then think about getting them custom molded.  

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #37 of 47
Dang, now I really regret passing over that amazon sale on the TF10s. I guess I'll keep a close eye on those, but meanwhile what other alternatives are there? VSonic GR07 and Westone 2?

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #38 of 47
You can still find the TF10's for under $150 on Amazon by other sellers and the GR07's are more than that.  The W2's are more analytical and don't have the bass the 10's do.  You should just get a pair of TF10's and be done with it.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #39 of 47

Quote:
You can still find the TF10's for under $150 on Amazon by other sellers and the GR07's are more than that.  The W2's are more analytical and don't have the bass the 10's do.  You should just get a pair of TF10's and be done with it.

I see. Well, I'd prefer something fulfilled by Amazon so I can use services should I need it.

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #40 of 47
the westone 2 are a tad flat but i recommend it only for the 6/5 comfort
dont let the tf-10's comfort issues deter you from it, it sits in my ear pretty well with comply (and the metallic blue finish is awesome)

i think you should give the mdr-ex600 a shot, it is just a slight degrade from sony's flagship iem, the ex1000

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #42 of 47

Quote:
Hi all... Where can I find the Sony Hybrids that everyone is talking about?

Thanks in advance. 

You can actually buy it from Sony catalogue, or Amazon.

But the best thing to do is, buy VSONIC R02PRO, should be about $40 or so, it comes with gazillion pair of hybrid tips, and slightly softer silicone (IMHO) than Sony's

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #43 of 47

Quote:
You can actually buy it from Sony catalogue, or Amazon.

But the best thing to do is, buy VSONIC R02PRO, should be about $40 or so, it comes with gazillion pair of hybrid tips, and slightly softer silicone (IMHO) than Sony's

Thanks djvkool. Do the Sony Hybrids go by the model EP-EX10A?

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #44 of 47
Dec 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #45 of 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back