What are the best Gaming Headphones?
May 25, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #32 of 35
Get something very big and comfy for long gaming hours if it comes to it. I would also suggest something that is definately open vs a closed can your ears can get sweaty in there.

I personally use a pair of Senn HD555s, they seem to be great "all around" headphones i.e. movies, music, and gaming. I also just use a Zalman mic, picked it up for $6 on Newegg.com

pink

May 28, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best gaming headphones.. Hi end cans with DH..Bare none, the best gaming experience I had..

Agree 100%.

Dolby Headphone Technology (DH) makes any Hi end phones sound MUCH better for gaming - 3D positioning and soundstage (less canned sound) is increased greatly. The sound is speaker like and less headphone sounding, but retains the detail of headphones that is absent in speakers.

The best cans for gaming, in terms of mids, tight bass, detail, comfort and large soundstage would be the Beyerdynamic DT880 2005's, and next the AKG K601s. The DT880s have better synergy with DH, then the K601's, but both are great. The 601s are def the most comfortable of the two.

Electrostat Stax would probably be even better phones for gaming, but i would only settle for their reference lvl phone and amp combo, which runs 2-3 grand.

May 30, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliotm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the game I've been playing with is UT3. I went straight from my Onkyo HTiB 7.1 to these 350s. It seems I get much better directional cues from my Onkyo, but I know everyone says headphones are better. Come to think of it, I have heard some other UT3 players comment there's some issues with UT3 not doing headphone sound right. That jackhammer sounds incredibly load though it's far off...

i'm also (one of the few) UT3 players out there. i have tried several sound cards and UT3 is pretty much a poster child for an x-fi. the box might as well say the game requires one. using an x-fi its the best in game 3d audio i have ever heard
using a razer ac-1 w/dolby headphone it occasionally makes an extra loud weapon firing sound
(also tried a santa cruz, diamond ddl , realtek hd, envy chipset card, and audigy. these all sound like crap except the audigy)

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get something very big and comfy for long gaming hours if it comes to it. I would also suggest something that is definately open vs a closed can your ears can get sweaty in there.

I personally use a pair of Senn HD555s, they seem to be great "all around" headphones i.e. movies, music, and gaming. I also just use a Zalman mic, picked it up for $6 on Newegg.com

pink

i disagree and prefer closed at least closed if you wont more bass punch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back