What are the best Dj headphones for under $250
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

djchaser

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pickup a nice pair of Dj headphones. I have really nice speakers for when I play gigs. Currently using two Mackie HD 1221's (which are extremely loud but provide a very nice balance in overall sound) paired with the Mackie SRM1801 (which has really nice lows for how light the sub is). It's just hard for me to mix when I can't cancel out enough music for when I am djing.

Basically I'm looking for something comfortable with a good amount of noise cancellation. I mix a lot of edm and mostly trap. The bass coming out of my mains is usually pretty deep and loud so it would be nice to cancel some of that out :) my budget is $250 on the dot!

The past two recent headphones I've tried were the beat mixrs and the TMA-1 studios. I must say the mixrs have really awesome bass but are so uncomfortable it makes them hard to have glued to your head for mixing. The studios are nice but the build quality is iffy on them. When I got my studios the ear pads fell apart and that's just cheap. Guess the company didn't glue them well enough to the drivers :p. Plus they were very dark and lacked bass.

I have heard that the HD 25's II are highly recommended and are super comfy. I have personally never used them but heard they are amazing and I always see a ton of big name Dj's using them as well. My question for you guys is what would you recommend.

Thank you.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 6
I was going to say the HD25 1-ii, but you beat me to it 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back