What are the best beyerdyanmics in the mid range?
Jan 31, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why arey ou swaying towards the 990's if you like mids?

880's are the best of their 'flagship' lineup for mids, though a little dry if you dont have a tube amp

Un true. The 48s crap all over them in the mid range department..Lacks the inner mid range detail, clarity, resolution, and fidelity of the 48s mid range. I had the 880s, so it's no asumption. As erik said, you won't get better for the price in regard to mid range, unless your idea of a great mid range is colored, inviting, lush and sweet..In that regard the Sextetts, 501, and Grados would be the better choice..But the OP clearly stated, the best mid range for a Beyer headphone, and that is the 48.. Call me a 48 fan boy, but it's the truth. I owned the 770/880/990.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Un true. The 48s crap all over them in the mid range department..Lacks the inner mid range detail, clarity, resolution, and fidelity of the 48s mid range. I had the 880s, so it's no asumption. As erik said, you won't get better for the price in regard to mid range, unless your idea of a great mid range is colored, inviting, lush and sweet..In that regard the Sextetts, 501, and Grados would be the better choice..But the OP clearly stated, the best mid range for a Beyer headphone, and that is the 48.. Call me a 48 fan boy, but it's the truth. I owned the 770/880/990.

true, actually, they are the best in their "flagship" models, the 770/880/990. but their flagship models are kinda lame, but i still like the 880's. i've heard the 150/250s might have good midranges too. as for the 48's, they are hard to find and in the professional series, and i might want to pick up a pair without any competition online anyway.. i did get a chance to hear it and yes, their midrange was fantastic, the brass i listened had so much timbre and realism to them. also, their 'detail extraction' was really really weird, it's like individual instrument/sound source had been put through dynamic range compression and everything quiet was really really clear and audible at the same time as everything else. very weird. im interested in hearing them with some tubes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back